Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
I've been coding CSS lately using <div>, <span> etc and although it took a while to get used to it, my website loads fast and furious now!

Though I still don't get why many people prefer coding their website in full CSS rather than XHTML, how come? What are the advantages of CSS over XHTML?

Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Kai

Kai Avatar

Official Member

September 2005
XHTML / HTML is used to display data. CSS is an extension made for html / xhtml to format data.

Those using CSS are merely following what the languages were really designed for.
Religion should be put back in its place - beneath man, not above him.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
CSS <3

I might step over to XML ^_^

hey

hey Avatar
j00 n00b. =P

Official Member

October 2005
CSS is funner than xHTML. :P
forums.talesrpg.com

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
CSS can be used to simplify the page load because of all the tables and properties that must load. :P

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Actually XHTML discourages the use of inline property assigning, making CSS go right along with it. I don't really see how there is a versus. Maybe between CSS/(X)HTML and just HTML.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Explains why so many more things are deprecated in XHTML. :P

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
php pwns u all lol...

nah CSS and XHTML are made for eachother as so is CSS and XML and CSS and HTML ... CSS is really versatile and so much nicer neater coding when you know how to use it

Xephra

Xephra Avatar

January 2006
eric said:
Actually XHTML discourages the use of inline property assigning, making CSS go right along with it. I don't really see how there is a versus. Maybe between CSS/(X)HTML and just HTML.

Exactly.

newBookmarkLockedFalling