Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
What tutorials do you guys want to see? JavaScript, HTML, CSS, or PHP?

What tutorials do you think should be made to help other users?

This is also basically a requesting section for any tutorials that you want. So post away with any requests. :)

Last Edit: Apr 17, 2006 2:21:31 GMT by Chris

A¦3X

A¦3X Avatar
Kick It...

November 2005
a really in-depth js tutroial

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
alex said:
a really in-depth js tutroial

Covering what specifically though?

We have a decent basics tutorial submitted by Der Fleurer.

jongos

jongos Avatar

Male

December 2005
Easily a guide to proboards coding. I need one sooooooo bad. :P
Thanks, Kay!

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
jongos said:
Easily a guide to proboards coding. I need one sooooooo bad. :P

no that's boring, a more specific topic please.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
hatakeforum.proboards30.com/index.cgi?board=codeindex&action=display&thread=1098401963
hatakeforum.proboards30.com/index.cgi?board=codeindex&action=display&thread=1099254483

Those are CJ's tuts on basic PB coding, except they're for PBv3. Shouldn't be any real differences really. :P CJ, you should rewrite them and post them here. Or do you have a problem if I rewrite them for PBv4?

Paul

Paul Avatar
Trust is balance, and balance is intelligence...

May 2006
Definitely more JavaScript tutorials, and more than just one Admin Hack tutorial. It's better to have more than one resource. :)
I'm not talking to myself. I'm talking to whoever is listening.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I'll probably write one soon and explain some parts CJ didn't, see how that goes.

Paul

Paul Avatar
Trust is balance, and balance is intelligence...

May 2006
Alright, thanks. :)
I'm not talking to myself. I'm talking to whoever is listening.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
Conversions would be good for some people, including me I guess. YOu don't seem them a lot on the web so they could become popular.

Decimal to Hexadecimal
Binary to Hexadecimal
Decimal to Binary

and the other way around.

Virtuoso

Virtuoso Avatar

May 2006
Jongos, I have a basic tut on grabbing Cells on Proboards I could show you... :-\

Snowfall

Snowfall Avatar
Web developer in the making

Official Member

February 2006
mmm, well im up to scratch with Html i guess, and CSS. But im useless at Javscript and PHP, with Javascript its mainly adding things to cells or adding cells/rows etc...but what would be good is a list of proboard varibles that can be accessed using PHP and/or Javscript i know i can get the Username and Display name ofr javascript but surely i must beable to access things like the name of the board etc etc...what about a list of those?

Loving the site Studio Zero keep up the good work.

Moose

Moose Avatar

August 2005
snowfall said:
mmm, well im up to scratch with Html i guess, and CSS. But im useless at Javscript and PHP, with Javascript its mainly adding things to cells or adding cells/rows etc...but what would be good is a list of proboard varibles that can be accessed using PHP and/or Javscript i know i can get the Username and Display name ofr javascript but surely i must beable to access things like the name of the board etc etc...what about a list of those?

There is no list of variables. There are only like four variables given in the top script, everything else you can have fun grabing. :P

And admin editable is really easy. I just hope you guys don't make a ton of admin editables that are simple when Chris is done his tutorial. :P
Greg says:
Coding music...
Greg says:
Hmm...
Greg says:
I wouldn't rule it out. :P
Chris 3.0 [New features? Yes.] says:
:P
Greg says:
If you think about machine code it's a bunch of 1s and 0s
Anything is possible.
Greg says:
Yeah try to code Metallica
:P Yeah, I'll get right on that... right after I learn to fly.

*Dan!

*Dan! Avatar

Official Member

August 2005
moose said:
snowfall said:

There is no list of variables. There are only like four variables given in the top script, everything else you can have fun grabing. :P

And admin editable is really easy. I just hope you guys don't make a ton of admin editables that are simple when Chris is done his tutorial. :P
I just hope some one dosent make a create ur own admin editable hack like peters profile code creator :-/

~dan
G101 Designs

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
crazyj said:
Conversions would be good for some people, including me I guess. YOu don't seem them a lot on the web so they could become popular.

Decimal to Hexadecimal
Binary to Hexadecimal
Decimal to Binary

and the other way around.

i wrote a tutorial about this on PWP.... wasn't that popular lol. but i'm sure i could write it again

newBookmarkLockedFalling