Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Snowfall

Snowfall Avatar
Web developer in the making

Official Member

February 2006
Is there a way to make text and/or images to move using Javascript? You know using javascript functions or whatever lol? im sure ive seen it done somewhere *shrugs* lol just would like to know :)

Loving the site Studio Zero keep up the good work.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
You mean like my Advanced PM Menu?

If so, pixelDepth.net has a good tutorial on it, but they're down right now, so I can't link you to it. :(

Snowfall

Snowfall Avatar

Official Member

February 2006
mayve i descirbed it wrong and i can guess why lol :P although that is pretty niffty :D lol, ill have to look into that but i mean like a marquee? or is to use the marquee tags the only way im going to get images to move from one side to another? but i cant wait to find out how you did that PM think as that is ace XD :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
:P I did the PM thing using setTimeout.

Something like this.

setTimeout("change()",100);
function change(){
object_for_pmbar.style.height += 1;
}

And repeated. Maybe take a look at the Advanced Affiliate Viewer. It does use the marquee tag, but I change a lot of stuff editably....

Snowfall

Snowfall Avatar

Official Member

February 2006
Ok thanks Chris :) im pretty n00bish lol, at Javascript, so ill stick to the marquee tag and have a look at the affiliate viewer thing. But im pretty annoyed as i cant create anything worth making thats advanced :(

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I couldn't have made either of those come a year ago. You just need to keep practicing and getting better.

newBookmarkLockedFalling