Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
So I'm sitting in my room and my dad is in the room next to mine at 7:30 at night. So I'm chatting with people and I heard this loud 'THUMP' noise that actually shook my house. The floors vibrated! Well, me and my dad thought we found the culprit seeing as my cat had just jumped off of our rocking chair. My dad tried to imitate it while I was in my room(we were sort of pretending we were detectives) and it was at that point we realized, it wasn't the cat. So, my dad and I were quite perplexed as to the cause of this commotion. My dad proceeded to check my basement while I looked out the windows. I looked out and saw 4-5 cats huddled around. If that wasn't strange enough, there was a feathered animal, but much to large to be a bird. So, I said "Dad...I think a pheasant or something hit our house. All the cats are surrounding it." to which he replied "You're sh*tting me!". We went outside and sure enough, my cats were feasting upon the feathered delacasy that had pummeled my house hard enough to not only shake the floors, but kill itself in the process. He didn't even hit any windows! That was a sudden stop against hard wood and siding. If I can't make this any clearer: My house is two floors, the bottom being brick and the top being hard wood and siding, also it's much larger than an average house. Now how the hell does a 21/2 pound bird hit a house of that size and stability and shake it?

Nate

Nate Avatar

Official Member

July 2007
That's pretty cool and messed up.

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Early morning dinner for the cats..O_o;;

I would be shocked if a Pheasant that size bombarded the upper floor...
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
That bird's pretty badass to be able to shake your house.

I bet the only reason he didn't dodge your house is because he was probably engaged in some epic battle with a dragon, since only a dragon is awesome enough to challenge birds like that.

But then the dragon ran off 'cause he knew he made a pretty bad mistake for himself in hurting it. That bird'll be back.

Even if he was eaten.

Last Edit: Dec 30, 2005 4:22:04 GMT by Ess Ohh

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Of course SO, of course.

But hell, that's pretty freaking hilarious. You told me on MSN and I almost didn't believe you for a second :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
cddude229 said:
Of course SO, of course.

But hell, that's pretty freaking hilarious. You told me on MSN and I almost didn't believe you for a second :P

No, seriously. My dad is gonna take pictures of our house tomorrow, because with as hard as it hit, we're positive the siding will be dented. So if he does, I'll post them. Plus, it was at night so my dad figures a fox or a coyote(or a dragon) was chasing it and that's why it flew towards our house.

Last Edit: Dec 30, 2005 5:56:22 GMT by Lucifer

newBookmarkLockedFalling