Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Well lately i have been looking around on the net looking to teach myself Javascript, well no luck sofar for some good site yet.

Question.

When making a code for proboards how do you figure where it goes. Example Main Header/footer Global Header/footer.?

I have been wondering that, i somewhat get it but not fully. Just wondering if some wouldn't mind clearing this.

Thanks

Aru.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
A JavaScript code (typically) has to be below what it's changing. Therefore, almost any code can go in the footer. However, for better loading times, people say welcome table codes go in the header.

As for global/main/board/chat, you need to look where you want the code to load. If it will affect every single page, global. If it only affects something on the main page (or where ever the main page loads - see: admin pages, profiles pages, members list, calendar, search, etc.), then main. Chat is self-explanatory, and board is also.

That help? :)

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Ok... I think i'm getting now, Yea that does help chris.

Thanks for clearing that up :)

newBookmarkLockedFalling