Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
When people usually make a website/board. There are 2 main types of people making a website: A designer or a coder.

Designers make the graphics and lays out the whole concept of the board.

Coders use sophisicated computer languages, to create features that are otherwise impossible to get.

Assume that you are standing on neutral grounds, which side would you choose? The way of the Designer? Or the way of the Coder?

Small rules:

* You need to explain why you choose to be on that side, one word posts are not accepted.
* And yes, you can only choose one side only. A man can't step on both boats can he? :P
* Even if you already stand on a side, give the reasons on why you chose that path!

Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Zcourge

Zcourge Avatar

Dedicated Member

August 2005
I would've chosen the dark si... And this is the entirely wrong topic for that, isn't it? Yes, indeed it is. Anyway, I'd have to go the way of the designer, because I think I'm better at doing graphics then at coding. I can barely make a basic website in HTML and I usually modify the existing codes when it comes to Proboards.

Hidden Ninja

Hidden Ninja Avatar

January 2006
i am ok at both, but i suppose if i had to do one it would be Coder, no Designer, oh man i cannot deside
~~ Spirit of the Light is in my soul, i fight for good and banish Evil and all who come against me, i dont consider myself a good warrior, i consider myself a Great warrior ~~
The Hidden Ninja

Nate

Nate Avatar

Official Member

July 2007
I chose coding because I'm not rich and can't buy those graphics programs.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
If I could code, I would choose the coder side. But, I can't and I am trying to hone my PS skills so I'd be on the designer side. I'm usually better at working off of a current skin though, because I have l33t modifying and editting skills. :D

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
How about I'll be on the side that sits it out and criticizes both?

Uh. Well, I guess designing graphics, since that's the only thing I've ever been moderately good at.

4renSick.

4renSick. Avatar

Dedicated Member

December 2005
i would choose the coder side.. if i could code anything else apart from html... so looks like the designers root for me, even though im not that great ???

lpf
(HAPPY KAY? Gosh.)

I'd go with the designer. Have I ever told you that coders scare me? d= If I had a choice, I'd be like Ash. Sit around and do nothing. XD

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
i'm on both :P just to be different..

lol.. i love both topics grately.. and i cannot be differenciated from either.. but since gfx was where i started.. it'd have to be that.. :P

Sasuke

Sasuke Avatar

August 2005
Coding...The only thing I've ever had any progress in,and GFX...lets just say I'm about at good at that as I am at cooking.

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
popojoe said:
A man can't step on both boats can he? :P

He can if they're right next to each other. :P

Anyways, if I had the choice and patience I'd go the way of the coder. There are many sites out there that are graphically beautiful but they lack the uniqueness that most forums made by coders have.

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
ahmedasad said:

He can if they're right next to each other. :P

I can visualize a split, then a riiippppp in the pants... :-/ :P

For me: I'm standing firm to the way of the graphics.
Mainly because I've been following it for 4 years. I've grown into Photoshop, I love making artistic stuff on the computer.

For me coding is just like typing a essay everyday, which I hate doing >.<
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

jongos

jongos Avatar

Male

December 2005
I would choose designing. I have been designing for three months and i love it :)
Thanks, Kay!

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
shadowyone said:
How about I'll be on the side that sits it out and criticizes both?

That's always a good choice. But then, it seems no one likes you at the end of the day... ::)

Xeron

Xeron Avatar

Dedicated Member

October 2005
Designers, you can have the createst codes in the universe but it can not change the appearance of a forum like graphics, although it does takes codes to do so.

newBookmarkLockedFalling