Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Snowfall

Snowfall Avatar
Web developer in the making

Official Member

February 2006
Ok I've started learning PHP from W3 Schools and its hard to be honest. Yes i wasnt expecting it to be easy :P ive tried learning Javascript beforer and PHP has similar functions to JS, this is the hard part though: I cant put my own scripts together. I just cant :( i understand all the functions and how it all works with the else, if else and if statments and variables but i just cant piece together a working script :( any tips please from those of you who can put scripts together :P Im learning how to get information and store information on to a MySQL database so i can create a member system as some people know. Im learning off various tutorials to find out how to store and retrive info. So any tips on creating scripts? ??? Its all confusing for me :P ill post up a script i need help with later :P it will be about storing and getting info from a MySQL database.

Loving the site Studio Zero keep up the good work.

Curious George®

Curious George® Avatar
Music Lover

October 2005
be like me :P suck up to the other members and maybe you'll get the help you need ;D

Grab this Headline Animator

Snowfall

Snowfall Avatar

Official Member

February 2006
lol :D yesh i might do sometime or another but i really would like to learn some of it :P

Curious George®

Curious George® Avatar
Music Lover

October 2005
well depending on what your wanting to do there are some already made scripts out there that are set up so all you have to do is insert them in the proper place.

Grab this Headline Animator

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
here is a quick tip on how i get info from databases when i'm doing cms's/member systems

this code with its sessions (something you'll need to learn if you wish to make a member system) is probally so simple it'll make me look n00bish lol but like i said i'm making it simple for you.

Click Here

Snowfall

Snowfall Avatar

Official Member

February 2006
Thanks you Phoenix :) ill use that when im making my member system :P it looks complicated but hopefully i will understand it more when i use it :D

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Well, first things first is to make sure you understand things like how forms work when submitting info.

For example, the difference between $_GET and $_POST.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
Whenever you make a code (start really simple, even if you understand it, making codes is a must do to finish your training :P) and it doesn't work, keep trying to debug it. And if you really can't, then post the code here and we'll try to help you out. :)

Snowfall

Snowfall Avatar

Official Member

February 2006
Ok thanks once again :) i will try and make a form sometime this week or next week or maybe the next... :P youve all been really helpful so thanks i will post here for support if i need it which i most probably will :P

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
well i tried to comment as much as i could.. best thing to do is use google and php.net to look up the functions i used.. that might help you understand how they work a little better and help your understanding of where to use them :)

Gunny

Gunny Avatar
Go Team Tux!

Official Member

November 2005
snowfall said:
Ok I've started learning PHP from W3 Schools and its hard to be honest. Yes i wasnt expecting it to be easy :P ive tried learning Javascript beforer and PHP has similar functions to JS, this is the hard part though: I cant put my own scripts together. I just cant :( i understand all the functions and how it all works with the else, if else and if statments and variables but i just cant piece together a working script :( any tips please from those of you who can put scripts together :P Im learning how to get information and store information on to a MySQL database so i can create a member system as some people know. Im learning off various tutorials to find out how to store and retrive info. So any tips on creating scripts? ??? Its all confusing for me :P ill post up a script i need help with later :P it will be about storing and getting info from a MySQL database.

Two great sites that have really helped:

www.joe2torials.com

www.freewebmasterhelp.com/tutorials/

Snowfall

Snowfall Avatar

Official Member

February 2006
Thanks :D too many tutorials now never mind not enough :P i havent got anything done this week yet :( lol ah well :P

Gunny

Gunny Avatar
Go Team Tux!

Official Member

November 2005
Also, check your local library to see if there are any books on PHP.

Snowfall

Snowfall Avatar

Official Member

February 2006
You joking :P my library hasnt even got a basic book on Html :( lol :P

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
books are usless if they are just syntax referance and functions ... if u wish to get a book (which unless you know enough php to understand what the hell they are talking about without having to ask someone) then i recommend PHP and MySQL Web Development by luke welling and laura thomson its my "php bible" and is where i learnt most of my little tricks from.

although when i bought it .. it wasn't cheap.. it was
$49.99 USD
$74.75 CAN
£36.50 UK :/

newBookmarkLockedFalling