Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Blade

Blade Avatar

Official Member

August 2005
I guess i have to throw away my hard earned 201 posts and call it a day. >.>

duelpad
Well, Thom seemed pretty stern about not letting you have the forum. Id take his advice - make a new forum. Gather all the old staff and creat a new ZD. Otherwise your not going to get anything like ZD again...

Vertex

Vertex Avatar

Official Member

August 2005
duelpad said:
Well, Thom seemed pretty stern about not letting you have the forum. Id take his advice - make a new forum. Gather all the old staff and creat a new ZD. Otherwise your not going to get anything like ZD again...

It will probably end up like ZC. ZD will never be the same without the original forum...

jongos

jongos Avatar

Male

December 2005
andrew said:
duelpad said:

It will probably end up like ZC. ZD will never be the same without the original forum...

Agreed.

Possibly if we get a potition of sorts?

Last Edit: Feb 28, 2006 0:46:44 GMT by jongos
Thanks, Kay!

Nomski

Nomski Avatar

Official Member

August 2005
A url doesn't make a forum what it is its the peopple who are there and how the community interacts, personally the fact they are starting afresh is probaly for the best lest they won't have the fact that Thom betrayed them all lingering in the url.

Kahless™

Kahless™ Avatar
Coding noob

October 2005
its the fact that our history is on ZD, our community, our reputations were earned there, many ofus started there. its more than a url.
"In the end, we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." Martin Luther King

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
blade said:
I guess i have to throw away my hard earned 201 posts and call it a day. >.>

You put too much emphasis on post count.

andrew said:
duelpad said:

So true...

nomi said:
A url doesn't make a forum what it is its the peopple who are there and how the community interacts, personally the fact they are starting afresh is probaly for the best lest they won't have the fact that Thom betrayed them all lingering in the url.

Not always, such as in this case. ZC failed, so making another ProBoards ZD would be an even bigger turn off to members. The only way to do it is to revive the original forum so people can truly feel 'at home'.

Ovi

Ovi Avatar
.forgotten

Dedicated Member

October 2005
If I was Morgoth. I would ban Thom's ass from ZD and take it over :P Anyways, good luck with DAP. I will show all support, atleast to shove it up Thom's happy hole.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
ovi said:
If I was Morgoth. I would ban Thom's ass from ZD and take it over :P Anyways, good luck with DAP. I will show all support, atleast to shove it up Thom's happy hole.

Thom owns ZD and would just have to talk to Craig or Patrick about it and the place would be deleted.

Ovi

Ovi Avatar
.forgotten

Dedicated Member

October 2005
lucifer said:
ovi said:

Thom owns ZD and would just have to talk to Craig or Patrick about it and the place would be deleted.

Why couldn't he just let the nice peoples run it ? :P

Kahless™

Kahless™ Avatar
Coding noob

October 2005
Cause hes a prick :P
"In the end, we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." Martin Luther King

Moose

Moose Avatar

August 2005
I don't know about Thom still owning ZD. He made the graphics, the coding, and concept. Yes he did start everything but he couldn't have gotten ZD anywhere without the administrators and other staff. He willing handed the forum over to Morgoth. So I still don't see what Craig or Patrick can do. Morgoth did not crack the forum. And PBS staff only helps those they have the admin account, so I am interested to see what they would say. ;)
Greg says:
Coding music...
Greg says:
Hmm...
Greg says:
I wouldn't rule it out. :P
Chris 3.0 [New features? Yes.] says:
:P
Greg says:
If you think about machine code it's a bunch of 1s and 0s
Anything is possible.
Greg says:
Yeah try to code Metallica
:P Yeah, I'll get right on that... right after I learn to fly.

finalfd

finalfd Avatar

November 2005
Anyone ever thought that Thom may has his own plans for the zanmato name?, boo hoo we cant use the old forum big whoop, make a new forum, new name, new layout but same ideals, as others have said its the community and staff that make the forum not the name.

Zanmato belongs to thom plain and simple.

Want a place to free remotely your images? Got some files you want others to be able to download without restrictions? Visit F5 Designs Image & File Hoster

thom

thom Avatar

February 2006
Guys, trying to insult me and running me down isn't going to help your situation, but that's all a lot of you are doing. Saying how i destroyed Zanmato, and calling me ignorant. Some of you are being ignorant to the fact that i'm the one who created it, built the foundation, and continued to work long days before most of you showed up to pitch in around the 2000 members mark.
Anyway i don't want to go over that, boring. And we've been there before.

Basicly i don't understand why you want to continue with Zanmato, if you have this amazing idea for some online utopia to get thrills from, start your own forum. Seriously, if you all organised it and pitched in together you could create something much greater than ZD ever was. zdesign.proboards3.com is just an empty forum with a 6000 user member count.. You don't want it for the member count do you?

And of course there's the thing you're overlooking.. The fact that the forum was taken back without my permission, and how you hoped to continue to use my graphic work and coding without me noticing. Tough i noticed, and i'm not too pleased about the shadey way that you've all gone about this.

I'm not here to be a complete bastard, i just don't want people going behind my back and practically stealing from me. I don't want to stop you lot from getting the most out of the internet, but then again i'm not just going to stand by and watch you be malicious and take what i worked very hard for. Put yourself in my situation. Believe it or not i did really care about the forum and the members before, but things change and people change.

Your situation at the moment.. I'm going to get my board back, as it was hacked/cracked whatever.
"blah blah it's not your board it's everyone's" - Well.. i have the original pass, and at the moment this kind of attitude will just make me say fuck it, i'll get the thing deleted and won't feel bad about it.
On the other hand, once i'm in control of the forum again, and you're all reasonable about it, i'll be willing to negotiate a compromise to benefit everybody. For god's sake why the hell didn't you ask me in the first place, i would have probably given you the coding and the template. Some how my reputation has become "the satanist who wants to destroy everybody's fun".

Because Nick is a really good friend of mine.. If anything it will be given to him. I have no use for the template any more, so you can probably use it. (Pretty generous when you think about all the shit going on behind my back.. >_>)

Anyway, the problem is you can't call it "Zanmato" anymore. This is why i think it's a good idea for you to create a new URL for it. I plan on doing something with Zanmato in the future, as it is my concept, and i hope to develop it through my A levels for a future career. Everything else i will be willing to negotiate, as i said before i'm not going to be a bastard and keep things to myself when i'm not even using them.

Anyway is that it? Bleh pretty much. Feel free to ask me anything. Again, don't piss my off, i'm a cuddley person and don't want to have to be scary. :)

At the moment.. the longer it takes for me to get the forum back, the less i'm going to consider. Because you're all going about it the wrong way, and you won't get anywhere by doing it maliciously. At the moment as far as i'm concerned, you're stealing my work. Unhappy chappy.

morgoth

morgoth Avatar

December 2005
thom said:
Guys, trying to insult me and running me down isn't going to help your situation, but that's all a lot of you are doing. Saying how i destroyed Zanmato, and calling me ignorant. Some of you are being ignorant to the fact that i'm the one who created it, built the foundation, and continued to work long days before most of you showed up to pitch in around the 2000 members mark.
Anyway i don't want to go over that, boring. And we've been there before.

Basicly i don't understand why you want to continue with Zanmato, if you have this amazing idea for some online utopia to get thrills from, start your own forum. Seriously, if you all organised it and pitched in together you could create something much greater than ZD ever was. zdesign.proboards3.com is just an empty forum with a 6000 user member count.. You don't want it for the member count do you?

The ease with having everyone already registered is that you can just email everyone and say 'hey, all come back' and they will. In the same way all the topics are there; all it takes is for someone to come along and reply to a post and it's all back up again. A new forum is certainly possible to end up as good as ZD, but it took a year to get to what it is, whereas it'd take less than a week to return to activity at the original place.

And of course there's the thing you're overlooking.. The fact that the forum was taken back without my permission, and how you hoped to continue to use my graphic work and coding without me noticing. Tough i noticed, and i'm not too pleased about the shadey way that you've all gone about this.

None of us intended to use the skin for a long period of time; work on a v3 would have started soon enough anyway. But you had been asked so many times before; so many 'petitions' and 'campaigns' have sprung up and each one you'd completely ignored...not even dignifying them with an answer. The forum was doing no good closed, and you didn't seem to ever be coming back to shine a ray of light on it and it'll all get wonderful again, so we took drastic action. A last ditch attempt, with the idea 'at least we all tried.' Shadey was all we had left; we'd exhaused negotiation and they'd been thrown back in our faces time and time again, often with quips about 'sweaty nerds' mixed in.

I'm not here to be a complete bastard, i just don't want people going behind my back and practically stealing from me. I don't want to stop you lot from getting the most out of the internet, but then again i'm not just going to stand by and watch you be malicious and take what i worked very hard for. Put yourself in my situation. Believe it or not i did really care about the forum and the members before, but things change and people change.

To be honest, I understand what you mean. I wouldn't want any of my skins used without permission, and I can understand why it's hard for you to give up the forum...I'd certainly take some fighting to do the same.

Your situation at the moment.. I'm going to get my board back, as it was hacked/cracked whatever.
"blah blah it's not your board it's everyone's" - Well.. i have the original pass, and at the moment this kind of attitude will just make me say f*ck it, i'll get the thing deleted and won't feel bad about it.
On the other hand, once i'm in control of the forum again, and you're all reasonable about it, i'll be willing to negotiate a compromise to benefit everybody. For god's sake why the hell didn't you ask me in the first place, i would have probably given you the coding and the template. Some how my reputation has become "the satanist who wants to destroy everybody's fun".

It wasn't hacked or cracked, but that's neither here or there. Haven't you got the password? Add me on MSN..I want to talk to you properly anyway..we've not spoken for months without having a slanging match :P

Because Nick is a really good friend of mine.. If anything it will be given to him. I have no use for the template any more, so you can probably use it. (Pretty generous when you think about all the shit going on behind my back.. >_>)

Bless you :P

Anyway, the problem is you can't call it "Zanmato" anymore. This is why i think it's a good idea for you to create a new URL for it. I plan on doing something with Zanmato in the future, as it is my concept, and i hope to develop it through my A levels for a future career. Everything else i will be willing to negotiate, as i said before i'm not going to be a bastard and keep things to myself when i'm not even using them.

Hmm...that's fair enough...in which case, a new URL possibly would be better afterall. Would we have permission to use the code database, and so on?

Anyway is that it? Bleh pretty much. Feel free to ask me anything. Again, don't piss my off, i'm a cuddley person and don't want to have to be scary. :)

Urgh this has been such a mess; not this, but everything. We used to get on really well...what made us start bitching and fighting like this? At the end of the day, I can sign off my computer and my world won't be turned upside down because there's no Zanmato, but when I'm on the computer, it's at least nice to enjoy the place. Even so, it's not worth falling out over, and now I look back...it's all just so stupid. I'm sorry for all these arguments we've had over the past few months...what a waste of time :P

At the moment.. the longer it takes for me to get the forum back, the less i'm going to consider. Because you're all going about it the wrong way, and you won't get anywhere by doing it maliciously. At the moment as far as i'm concerned, you're stealing my work. Unhappy chappy.

Haha, that's how alot of the staff felt...seems we're all in the same boat :P As I say, add me on MSN; I'll give you the password there.

newBookmarkLockedFalling