Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

hpmad

hpmad Avatar

September 2005
www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.aspx

What do you think of this new OS? It's in beta right now I think and will probably be released at the end of the year.

Last Edit: Apr 3, 2006 12:08:19 GMT by hpmad

Crazy

Crazy Avatar

Official Member

October 2005
I will probably get it when I get a new computer. It looks very nice.

Kahless™

Kahless™ Avatar
Coding noob

October 2005
Its alright BUT if you have any pirated software, music, programs ect you must pay for them before you get the security updates, It scans your computers and sends a report to Microsoft.
"In the end, we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." Martin Luther King

jongos

jongos Avatar

Male

December 2005
It looks awsome!
Thanks, Kay!

hpmad

hpmad Avatar

September 2005
I don't know about it, but I think they overdid the graphics a little. It might load even slower than XP.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I didn't even know about that feature Kahless. :P Wonder how they plan to do that... Oh well, we'll see.

I may get it, but who knows.

Haraldir

Haraldir Avatar
-Paxa Brittania-

Official Member

April 2006
'Windows Vista puts you in control of what you want to do.'

From the sounds of things, and the scan, it puts Windows in charge of what you can do.

Forum Based Strategy Game, based around the Napoleonic Era. Click on the above image for entrance.
[/i]

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Well, that's normal things for Windows. :P

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Actually, I love the graphics. It's well made eyecandy which I always wanted.

I just hope it runs smooth. :P
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
The new graphics will probably cause it to lag a lot, unless they really stepped up the performance rating...

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
cddude229 said:
The new graphics will probably cause it to lag a lot, unless they really stepped up the performance rating...

Which really means that a lot of people need a lappy/compy upgrade. It's perfect for me since I need my very own lappy for uni. :D
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I probably won't get this for a while is my problem.... it doesn't seem like its worth the money to upgrade. :(

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
Vista will be super-cool. like somebody said before, not only is the Aero interface a lot of eye-candy but everything from enhanced security, search and folder systems makes Vista incredibly enticing. Unfortunately I am still stuck with a AMD sempron 1.6 Ghz and 512 mb of ram!! :(

I plan to upgrade to atleast a AMD athlon 64-bit processor and atleast 2gb of ram + one of the nvidia graphics cards when vista comes out! Can't wait.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
My only hope is that they don't go too overboard, cause it'll end up melting itself. :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Horrible.

I'll switch to Linux before I upgrade to Vista.

newBookmarkLockedFalling