Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

hpmad

hpmad Avatar

September 2005
What features would you like to see for v5?

I would like to see a feature that allows you to ban a member only from a certain board, option to have drop-down smilies/ubbc, the crappy border on the table ubbc removed, different headers and footers for different skins, option to do simple stuff like gradients, remove pm text, remove title text, forum width, etc.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Well, I'd like to see many things that help and benefit people who code for PB.

For example, maybe not iframes, but make pages that you can access with say, AJAX, to obtain data.

Another example would be to remove or create a hidden field for profile editable codes.

Haraldir

Haraldir Avatar
-Paxa Brittania-

Official Member

April 2006
An inbuilt point system, whereby posting scores you poitns, and administrators can grant you points. With points you can buy things like a coloured name, your name in bold and etc. Admins would be able to designated wthether or not they want this, if so what would be available for purchase, and the prices. It owuld give members something to aspire to to keep them going.

Forum Based Strategy Game, based around the Napoleonic Era. Click on the above image for entrance.
[/i]

Allan

Allan Avatar
It's All Good

Dedicated Member

March 2006
I would like to see a better way to add skins other then having to add codes in just to change the title and cat bars to gradients.Also the option to split and collapse the cats and add head and base images.Add would love to see a better of keeping the scripts in the header and footers more manageable
trying to think of what to make

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Modules like HB has. I find it helps organize codes.

And the ability to add gradients via board images(or skin modifier).

Haraldir

Haraldir Avatar
-Paxa Brittania-

Official Member

April 2006
Forum Width edited in Board Settings.Option to remove <Home> and etc, option to remove 'You have x Private Messages'...

You know, options for all the really basic codes people use.

Forum Based Strategy Game, based around the Napoleonic Era. Click on the above image for entrance.
[/i]

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Haraldir: A point system is better left to a code, cause not EVERY board would use that ability.

Forum Resize should be in general settings, actually, skin settings, cause it can vary per skin. The reason is, its one of the slowest codes you can use.

Luci: But anyone who knows how to code would hate it. ;) Modules are used for repeated blocks of codes. Any real coder only has three, maybe four, coding sections.
1. Global Headers
2. Global Footers
3. Main Footers
4. Main Headers (Maybe. SZ uses this soley for an announcement table and a popup alert when PMing specific people.)

Basically, modules are pointless for real coders. :P

Allan

Allan Avatar
It's All Good

Dedicated Member

March 2006
I agree for real coders the modules are kinda like preschool lol.But for us none coders it's a great way to manage a code without have to scroll through all the codes to find it

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
craziegrafix said:
I agree for real coders the modules are kinda like preschool lol.But for us none coders it's a great way to manage a code without have to scroll through all the codes to find it

Exactly what I was gonna say. :P

Besides, real coders should be able to compensate. ;)

Allan

Allan Avatar
It's All Good

Dedicated Member

March 2006
Luicfer i thought you coded.I could be wrong though lol
I would like to see PB add alot of things that HB has.I think the main problem with HB is a lack of a strong memberbase.
But getting back on topic lol

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Well, what I would like to see is some sort of basic database implement. Similar to MySql where we can store extra data from users so that RPGs can be used.
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Kahless™

Kahless™ Avatar
Coding noob

October 2005
things to help us coders:
-Hidden feild in profile, 500 characters
-things like total posts and total members placed in div tags with ids :P
-global Board H/F to make it more orginized

"In the end, we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." Martin Luther King

Nate

Nate Avatar

Official Member

July 2007
Psshh... you guys wanna take all of the fun out of coding and kahless Global H/f is a feature :P.

Haraldir

Haraldir Avatar
-Paxa Brittania-

Official Member

April 2006
Ability to use UBBC in Personal Text.

[/i]

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I'll agree with you on that Haraldir, but only if they only use basic ones, like ,,,, and maybe a few other text ones like and .

newBookmarkLockedFalling