Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Haraldir

Haraldir Avatar
-Paxa Brittania-

Official Member

April 2006
If you could learn any language, what would it be?

For me, it would be Scottish Gaelic, because my dad's Scottish.

Forum Based Strategy Game, based around the Napoleonic Era. Click on the above image for entrance.
[/i]

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chinese

I plan to learn it in the future anyway.

Haraldir

Haraldir Avatar
-Paxa Brittania-

Official Member

April 2006
Mandarin, Wu or Cantonese?

Forum Based Strategy Game, based around the Napoleonic Era. Click on the above image for entrance.
[/i]

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
hrolf said:
Mandarin, Wu or Cantonese?

Not sure yet, it depends on what I can find as far as learning resources go. I plan to learn Traditional, so whatever that is I guess.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
:P I'd probably learn Japanese, cause I play enough games that half of them ARE in Japanese. So then I could read it. :D

A close second would be Spanish, cause there's a lot of hispanic speakers in Nebraska. Probably illegal immigrants mostly. :P

French is a close third cause my heritage is part french.

Haraldir

Haraldir Avatar
-Paxa Brittania-

Official Member

April 2006
The U.S.A does indeed have a very mixed heriatage :P

And Lucifer, it probably means Mandarin :)

[/i]

4renSick.

4renSick. Avatar

Dedicated Member

December 2005
I would probably learn Japanese,

Just for the pure fact that i think its a cool language and sounds good :P (yeah i know im strange)

I already know basic french, and im doing an exam in it, i really don't like it though.
~4renSick.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
4rensick said:
I already know basic french, and im doing an exam in it, i really don't like it though.
~4renSick.

Aye, I'm the same in Spanish. :P I know enough to cuss people out.

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
i know little bits of several languages... although my roots are french-canadian i hate french lol... spanish or polish i would love to learn to speak fluently... i can speak a little spanish and a little polish but not enough to sit down and understand people lol

Curious George®

Curious George® Avatar
Music Lover

October 2005
i want to learn english...

Grab this Headline Animator

nest!

nest! Avatar

March 2006
I would love to learn Latin. And Yiddish.

valandil
Japanese is my first choice, since its something I'd just really like to speak. (And a lot of my friends speak it and confuse me... :P )

My next one would be German. I'm German myself, but I only know one word, so I have to get working on that. :P

However, I'm currently in Spanish, which is one I really don't care to learn at all. I need to get my priorities straight. :P

4renSick.

4renSick. Avatar

Dedicated Member

December 2005
nest said:

What is Yiddish?

I only know one word of German aswell, and thats how you say the word "garlic", i belive it is Knoblauch... that word cracks me up.

~4renSick.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I know a german word. :P Flamensverfer. Means flamethrower. My spanish teacher taught it to us. Infact, he teaches us more in other languages then Spanish... :P

nest!

nest! Avatar

March 2006
4rensick said:
nest said:

What is Yiddish?

Yiddish, is a Jewish language a bit like Hebrew but not. It's German Jewish basically. It's were the term "Abba" for Father comes from and I think it also is "Shalom" for peace be with you.

newBookmarkLockedFalling