Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

p16.Hamirick

p16.Hamirick  Avatar

Dedicated Member

August 2005
well here is my new website template... somple, but every1 seems to like it...
Website Link
Note: not full function that's why it's /mytestv/ :P

Also a simple avy and sig for here.

Last Edit: Aug 27, 2005 1:04:00 GMT by p16.Hamirick
P16Studio: 80% Complete

Tommy Huynh

Tommy Huynh Avatar

August 2005
My only complaint is that the markup is not written in XHTML and CSS with divs.

Good job on the design though.
Chronicles of a Real life Jedi Knight (Updated 6 October 2005)
Someone please buy me this guitar. =).
Gray Grid Designs
(Accepting Graphic and Code Requests)

p16.Hamirick

p16.Hamirick  Avatar

Dedicated Member

August 2005
Thanks... i'll look into this modification as soon as i get more done.

Tommy Huynh

Tommy Huynh Avatar

August 2005
Alrightie. Here is an exceptional tutorial on XHTML/CSS

htmldog.com

Good luck! :)
Chronicles of a Real life Jedi Knight (Updated 6 October 2005)
Someone please buy me this guitar. =).
Gray Grid Designs
(Accepting Graphic and Code Requests)

p16.Hamirick

p16.Hamirick  Avatar

Dedicated Member

August 2005
Thanks... i'll deffinatly look into it

p16.Hamirick

p16.Hamirick  Avatar

Dedicated Member

August 2005
Sorry to double post, but what exactly will this do as far as that the site goesn't already do?... sorry if i sound noob, but i've never used XHTML... only HTML, PHP, CSS, JS, ASP, and uumm... that might be it.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Very nice. Though I really can't say anything bad about it, it could use some improvements. I don't know what, but it's missing...something.

:: rate 4 ::

hamirick said:
Sorry to double post, but what exactly will this do as far as that the site goesn't already do?... sorry if i sound noob, but i've never used XHTML... only HTML, PHP, CSS, JS, ASP, and uumm... that might be it.

XHTML is "the HTML of the future" kinda thing. It's basically the same, but things such as the <br> turn into <br />. It makes a few modifications so it works for mobile devices that have interent connection or older/newer browsers. I'm not totally sure, but it's basically HTML with some slight adjustments so it works for everything instead of most things. But, I'm not the best person to ask either. =P

Last Edit: Aug 27, 2005 4:54:40 GMT by Lucifer

p16.Hamirick

p16.Hamirick  Avatar

Dedicated Member

August 2005
Image depth for one... a slight bit of color... i know it has a long way appearance wise, but as far as the programming goes... i think I'm done... unless XHTML will make a significant difference.

Thanks for the good ratin though :)

EDIT:

Saw ur XHTML bit... i guess you can call me old school, but i Optimize my website for everything i have :P... IE, FF, NS, and wireless... so if that's it...i'm good... and even if wireless isn't perfect... i'll nvr have that person goto my site in a phone... :P

EDIT 2:

After talking with CD i've decided for this version HTML + CSS is fine... especially since i usee <br />,<div>,<tables>, and <td>'s properly and accuratly, basically on my site it would only serve the use of preference for viewers... but most won't care about this.

Thanks for your help and suggestions... Moving to /mytestv to / :)

Last Edit: Aug 27, 2005 5:31:00 GMT by p16.Hamirick

Deceit

Deceit Avatar
Formally Aphoric

Official Member

August 2005
It's a nice, simple design, but there are a few bad spots:

1. First, the background of the banner is too simple and doesn't look like there is much detail in it. Maybe make it so its not as smooth.

2. The text on the banner is too small, you would want your site's name more noticable.

3. The text used on the buttons is very hard to read, it would look a lot better if you used a pixel text on it.

4. I've seen many grey skins, and it woud look better if you added some color to it! Make your site more vibrant and visible instead of bland and flat.

5. The white on the very bottom is too bright compared to the grey and draws attention from the content of the skin. Maybe consider making it a grey color too.

Look in on these problems and use it to improve, eventually you'll get it top-notch like SZ =)

:: rate 2 ::.5

p16.Hamirick

p16.Hamirick  Avatar

Dedicated Member

August 2005
oops... error about the white, and v1.1 is only for users to add content it'll only be up about 2 weeks, the v1.2 or redesigned 2.0 (not decided yet) will be a light blue and white... pixel text... clean design much like V1 (lost valuable coding that cannot be exactly replaced for lack of memory and to hard to edit).

Here is V1:img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/admin_xmotor/desktop003.jpg
v1.1: internalstudios.com

And v1.2 will be like V1 mixed with V1.1 and baby/light blue and white. And much better graphics... also swapping forum systems most likely... Forum will stay as is until i get the new one skinned.

Version 1.2 (or 2 if redesigned) expected date: Early September

newBookmarkLockedFalling