Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Smangii

Smangii Avatar
Smangii Avatar

March 2006
We've released our newest version! Our goal was a combination of uniqueness and awkwardness, but fun and easy to use. Let us know what you think, what can we improve on, etc. ;)

SLIGHTLY INSANE V4

Thank you :)

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Wow... i LOVE it :o

Banner = PWNAGE.
menu buttons=PWNAGE
Everything=PWNAGE

10/5
k

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
:: rate 5 ::

loveee the banner image, brilliant.

love the menu icons. love the white gloss on the title bars.

love the infocenter.

love the off icon.

:)

~Night Wolfe~

~Night Wolfe~ Avatar

Dedicated Member

December 2006
That has got to be the coolest banner I have EVER seen!!! You rock!

The other feature that I love and so want to be able to do myself is when you hover the mouse over the colored squares in the info center and then it shows what each color stands for... very cool!

These boards that all of you people at this forum have made just amaze me! I am so used to the basic square look of proboards and didn't have a clue how to change that or even that you could.... and I still don't know how to change a lot of it the way some of you have done. It just blows my mind how well you all have figured out the coding and come up with ingenious designs. I sooo wish I had that talent... I finally get really happy mostly with the way my forum looks then you all just blow it out of the running. Haha

So anyway GOOD JOB!!!

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
The banner obviously was the first part of the forum which caught my attention immediately, so thumbs up on that. However, I personally think there is a bit too much going on with the banner itself, and the entire forum promotes besides the buttons, which what I think you can highly improve one.

If you were to make your folder icons 3-D looking like your menu buttons, that would be just plain awesome.

You simply need to have more color besides white and dark gray, preferably in my opinion a light shade of gray.

I really like the Register button in your menu. Very innovative and creative. I think it'd look much better if you had a rollover on the menu buttons, and what I was thinking of was making the Register button look like it's going to be clicked by the mouse icon or has been already clicked.

Your boards don't show what sub-boards you have, which is a bummer. If you were to change this back, you could organize the boards in a much more efficient way. For example, putting PB Skin board into Premade Resources, and putting Tutorials into Digital Design. I also see no point of showing the archive board to guests or usual members as a restricted board. The only people it should be available to is probably the admins or higher staff I'm guessing, so make it viewable to only them as well. In addition to my suggestion to combing some boards as sub-boards into other boards, I strongly feel that Rivalry can be one solid board in the General Community, and putting Media Pub into Slightly Insane, except in this case, I think it'd be a better idea to simply combine the two boards together as one, rather than making the Media Pub a separate sub-board. Coding Support board also looks a bit out to place. It's fine, but again, feel out of place.

It's quite strange to have the "Mark Board as Read" as the down button in the bottom. But, it's definitely new. :)

Good luck with SI.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Alright, first of all, I find your forum to be quite plain. It's all a sort of monochrome, cream color. The only real stand-out images are in the banner, but the banner is quite large and doesn't really match the rest of the forum. Perhaps if the forum was more colorful overall, it'd fit.

Secondly, though I love the glossy reflective look on the folder images, I don't think that effect is appropriate with the style of the rest of the skin. I got a sort of vector/cartoony impression from your skin, not gloss. So, I think you'd be better off with a dropshadow or no effect at all. The gloss just isn't working with this skin.

Again with the colors, they need some serious work. All of the smilies are different colors (not a bad thing, mind you--I like it), your staff and members are all different colors than used with anything, same with online/offline, etc. I don't think you've used a single color twice. It looks way too messy if you ask me.

The menu buttons are blurry and you still have some images which need to be customized (ie: info center).

But, enough complaining. Here's the good.

The smilies are excellent. I definitely like that somebody decided to make a forum where the smilies are different colors. Plus, despite their simplicity, they're quite expressive and cute. :D

Your buttons (Print, Send, etc) are also nice. I like the clean look with the star to the left.

I really have nothing more to say. Overall, your forum isn't that bad, but there are a lot of little things you need to improve on. Formalize the colors a bit, get rid of the gloss effects, and sharpen up some images and you'll be sitting good. However, I would highly stress a different color background. It's very trendwhore to combine light with darks and, quite frankly, it looks bad. How this became popular I do not know. All it does is detract from the overall flow of your skin and make certain light images harder to see due to extreme contrast.

:: rate 2 ::

newBookmarkLockedFalling