Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009

Click image to visit

After nearly three months of hard work and dedication, Resist The System has finally launched. We want to bring a real music presence to Proboards, something that really went missing when Outside the Wall closed in 2006.

The design was created my myself and Sara (nooki/happy) with custom coding done by Chris and Scorpion along with some things taken from the databases at various sites.

Notes:
-There are a few IE bugs that are being worked on (Double header/footers seems to be the largest one)
-The banner has a bar on it for a reason. There will soon be a new menu in there utilizing it so just ignore it.

This is my old account. This is my new account

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
Impressive. Although I am not so fond of the head/base images on the categories - base images should've been smaller in height - they impede the flow. Color Scheme is OK. The orange could've been a lil lighter on hover over the dark gray bg. Banner and layout are pretty nice though. This is Classy Josh. :)

:: rate 4 ::

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Josh very nice job on the skin. i like the colors they fit well, nice choice for theme for the site. Hope it does well and best of luck.

:: rate 4 ::

Dave

Dave Avatar

June 2007
This is a good idea. The whole theme of this forum and community is a good idea, since there are very little communities that reflect on this matter. Mind you, forums like this only attract a certain crowd so it only has so much potential.

First of all, as I mentioned above this community only has so much potential due to the theme. Therefore, I would suggest maybe adding a graphics section on there. Focus on music, and still keep that the general topic of the forum, but just like design forums have entertainment boards on them, have a design board on your forum to attract more members and try and get those members also involved in the music topics.

The skin here is decent, not bad. To me, the color scheme and the typography on the banner works well together, however it seems a little gloomy, and gothic might I add. Though it works, I think maybe the font used could be changed, and make it look more professional. Other than that, I like the simple design, and the stock image used in the header. The icons look pretty good.

As for the coding, it seems to be okay. Nothing outside the lines to make it stand out. Also, I found that it took awhile to load all the images, not sure why.

All in all, this is a good idea, and a good looking community. I wish you the best.

:: rate 2 ::

newBookmarkLockedFalling