Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Alright, well the time has come to announce the winners of this contest.

Just to state a fact, I myself went over them, and chose two winners, then I had Joe/Xylish also look over them, and he surprisingly agreed with me right away. Some of the banners I have no opinion on, but Joe did.

Blade
Joe: I like the way he has used two different text effects on the banner (the texts on the left) the reflection and the handwritten text. It really gives the name "Studio Zero" a elegant and sophisicated effect. And I like it how he has retained that little bar above it

Kay: I love how you stuck with colors that would match v1, the text is great, espcially like Joe stated, the reflection. And the fact that you stuck with the bar above the image, also a lovely touch, it makes it perfect.

Acerbus
Joe: Simple and striking. Excellent use of the the lighting effect. The only concern is the huge "Zero" text being used with a huge spacing between the "Studio . Zero". But the lighting and the simplicity surpasses all of the banners submitted.

Kay: I also was only majorly concerned with the gap between "Studio" and "Zero".

Artemis
Joe: Good use of the photograph, especially with the road. The visual element of the photograph works well with the quote that he has used. I also like the dreamy sort of filter that he has used in the banner:D

Kay: It's unique, that's for sure. The photo, the filter, and the quote all ties together, and I really like it. Great job here.

Fredy
Joe: I see your cat...did you have a connection with Spek, because he's the one who raped my kitten :P Glad to see that you have found the logo somewhere...I don't know what to say but..at least you've found my long lost cat. :D (maybe..)

Kenshin
Joe: How did you know that I got the name Studio Zero based off the Rockman Zero game series from Gameboy Advance?:P And you didn't do that render..did you? Lol, of course you did...XD
I really like the way you have used Zero in your banner...But with all the colour in blue..it really kills his colourful red and grey coloured body. Good attempt though:D

ShadowyOne
Joe: I love your quote...it's short, sweet and right up to the point which reflects that unique character of you :D
I like that "College" Style text you've used, and that "warning" with a bar extended down for the sign of the slogan. It's done really well. :D

Kay: First off, I have to state, I didn't know you could design. And being this the first piece of yours I've seen. I like it. Especially the "warning" sign, with the drop down box for the quote. It's uniqe. The only that I think bugged me was the colors.

I'm sure you've all anticipated who's going to turn out the winner...and I'm sure you've plotted in your head of who they are. Well here you have it...

.....keep going, I'm going to be mean. :D

Fine, jeez, I'll tell you...

Blade and Artemis! Congrats, you both are our winners, and we really enjoyed your submissions. Look for Chris to get the banner changer up soon. Also, to claim your prizes, PM Chris to collect them.

Thank you to all the members that entered, and hopefully, there'll be another contest headed your way, soon. :)

Last Edit: Aug 27, 2006 1:17:24 GMT by Kay

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Curse my procrastination! I would have a made a kick-ass banner that would've pwnd the rest of them. However, I was too lazy :P

Congrats you 8/2+3-5!
wat

Blade

Blade Avatar

Official Member

August 2005
Thanks. =)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Congrats winners.

Also, remember, you can still submit banners at a future date if you wish. Just PM them to me.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I'm glad i submitted my joke banner :P LOL
k

Dn107xc

Dn107xc Avatar
Hm.. Yeah!

Dedicated Member

May 2006
scorpian8867 said:
Curse my procrastination! I would have a made a kick-ass banner that would've pwnd the rest of them. However, I was too lazy :P

Congrats you 8/2+3-5!

lol, same. I wouldve done it too.

Congratz.

Mithras

Mithras Avatar

Studio Member

July 2006
Wow, some of those banners were really nice, good job guys.

Chris, hurry up and get that switcher-code-thingy up, I want to use a different banner!

Support Rob Scuderi, the #1 Penguins Defender!

lucifer said:
"Behold: me! I have authority in this building."

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I should have the switcher done tonight. Right now I have some AP class work to do. <_<

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
I entered a banner :P
wat

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
scorpian8867 said:
I entered a banner :P

After the contest closed you did. :P

---

The banner changer is now up and running. To find the changer, go to your profile (in v1). It should be next to "Modify Profile" and "Bookmarks". :)

Mithras

Mithras Avatar

Studio Member

July 2006
I see no changer :P

Or am I just not looking in the right place? I checked both the profile page, where "Modify Profile" and "Bookmarks" are, and I also checked in the modify profile section.

lucifer said:

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
studiozero.proboards44.com/index.cgi?action=viewprofile

The link should be right to the right of those links. You may have to hit ctrl+f5, as it is in the hosted file.

Mithras

Mithras Avatar

Studio Member

July 2006
Yay! It was hiding.

Time to use an awesome new banner!

lucifer said:

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I liked those two the best as well, but nobody can hold a candle to SO's quote. :D

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
i liked the ones that weren't made by fredy :)
k

newBookmarkLockedFalling