Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
Hello, hello, and hello! Welcome, one and all, to the grand release of Studio Zero: Ex's new skin, Version Two: Module.

Displayed here is a combination of more than 200 hours of work between the Team Studio members. Designing, coding, testing... all of it comes together in the skin you see before you. The hard work of everyone who helped with this skin is greatly appreciated. A quick thanks is in order to all those who helped.

First off, the design was completely done by Joe. Next up is Chris, who coded the skin. After him comes our beta testers, Nomi, Josh, ShadowyOne, Artemis, tenkabuto, and Lucifer. And last but not least, the one who did the least, Kay. Her effort to annoy both Joe and Chris pushed them through the development process to give you the product you see here.

Now, another piece of news. Today also recognizes the promotion of Lucifer to Elite Moderator and tenkabuto as our showcase mod. I don't know if many of you remember, TK, but he was a graphics elite moderator back in the day of version one's release. So, let's give them all a congratulations for their accomplishments.

We hope you all enjoy version two and show it by becoming dedicated members to the Studio.

- Team Studio

Note: As an additional bonus, all members of SZ will see the site for AD FREE! :D. See? It's worth the wait eh?

Last Edit: Feb 2, 2007 3:04:03 GMT by Xylish

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Message from the former Lead Designer

Well, hope you’re all happy chappy guys. The new version is now dark, emo and very very gloomy XP, as per you requested.

Studio Zero has been through a lot of the good times, fun times and some controversial times including the Proxima Centauri merge. Although the wave which we ride goes up and down, we still stand strong as of today. I’d like to thank you to our past and current staff for all their unconditional support for us, the beta testers for their critiques and comments and the members, who supported through all the times.

This version is probably one of the most graphical intense skin that I have made. Every image is being photoshopped to the limit. I’ve added many layers of overlays, gradients effects and brush border effects. Not only that, it also stands for the most images that I have ever made for a skin: Over 100 images!

Planning what the layout looks like for version 2 is also a behemoth task. Our beta testers rigiously commented and critiqued on each concept art. I had to redo the post layout concept 3 times to satisify their hunger for good design! XD Even the whole main page layout was redone three times before we got the “ok”.

So, bascially, coming up with a second skin to redefine the conventional Proboards design was a very diffcult task. It was diffcult to design and diffucult for Chris to code. It both stretched our limits and really challanged us. Chris and I, the beta testers, Team Studio staff members hope that the Proboards community will enjoy and look positively on this version: Module.

I’ll list out a few design features:

In the post layout (the one that you’re looking at) the miniprofile is above the actual post, and the post is below it looking like a speech bubble. I wanted to create an impression that the members are actually “talking” to each other. The layout makes sure that each information is presented in a different way as well as giving enough space for certain stuff (in the old design, if you type many characters in the location input area, it will stretch the miniprofile, this new one ensures that you have enough space to display it as intended.) Also, if you notice, the background of the post layout changes colour according to your gender: Blue for males, pink for females and grey for “no gender”.

- We now have a “navigation table” where the nav links will reside. Chris has also included a “search studio zero” feature which is really nifty! One of my favourites ^_^. It also displays your own avatar as the cookie grabs your avatar once you update your profile. Shmack!

And if you noticed, the title says “former Lead Designer”. That’s the sad news. This will be most likely my last Proboards skin. I’ll be retiring from Studio Zero from today onwards. This is due to the fact I’ll be in University this coming two weeks and I’ll be leaving town to travel and live in another city. Therefore, the whole rights of Studio Zero, graphics, coding and ownership will be passed to Chris. He’s now the new main admin. Go there top dog!

As for me, I wish Studio Zero the best of luck! ^_^ Who knows? I may visit it periodically and drop in for a while.

That’s it from me!
-Joe

Former Administrator of Studio Zero

Last Edit: Feb 2, 2007 2:36:30 GMT by Xylish
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Here it is everyone. We've been promising and promising and promising, and now we have fulfilled. I honestly hope you enjoy this version fully, as I enjoyed working on it a lot. Numerous ideas went into version two, and now you can see them all.

To start things off, I mentioned that version two included an optimization of both version one and version zero. They're up and running, however, there may be bugs in the optimizations and in version two. So, if you happen to come across any bugs, please report them in this thread.

Now, onto the sweet details. I promised 10 unique features I believe, so here you go.

1. Expand/Collapse/Default replace Expand on posting page. They remember too.
2. "Extended Posting Area" button in Quick Reply.
3. UBBC, Rate Icons, and Smiley links in Quick Reply. The Color one is coming soon.
4. "Quick Reply" button in posts that jumps you to the quick reply itself.
5. Hide/Show forum jump button. Thank Stinky for this, he bitched about there not being a forum jump.
6. Dynamic hide/show info center and categories (with remembering)
7. Nav table with display of your avatar (updates upon viewing your own profile), the time, and a quick search.
8. Thread stats on the view board page.
9. Characters remaining editable via your profile with 3 types.
10. The post layout. This is the most annoying part of version two, so be grateful.

Now, a quick stat for you. Version two's coding is 92.5kb. That's more then version one and zero's combined. But how does it load so fast? Well, that's my secret. ;) Basically, never more than 24.6kb of coding is loaded at once. So, well, that's efficient. :D

Anyways, I hope you guys all enjoy this version. Now, I'm out to do homework. ._.

Last Edit: Feb 2, 2007 2:36:55 GMT by Chris

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Version two is finally here, and so are many, many wonderful features, and graphics, thanks to Chris and Joe.

I, myself basically did nothing. I criticized, and annoyed the hell out of Chris and Joe both to get things done, and done efficiently. But, I did have a hand in one thing, our slogo, "We have the Experience, we have the Excellence, and we have the potential to Expedite." And yes, I'm very proud of it.

To say the least, I've got three projects up my sleeve along with this release.

One, the awards. The board will be presented in a timely matter. You can participate, and earn awards. Two, the Signature of the Week is back in swing. It went from it's former glory, to being in the shadow, and I'm hoping this time, it'll remain in the limelight. Three, GFX Battlegrounds. I'm now in charge of the battle board, and will be running that trying to get that up to the glory it never had.

I will also be the one that'll be taking over the staff/member sigs. Joe has given me the .psd, so there'll be new thread in the Convention Center accordingly to claim a new updated verison. I would also like to say thanks to Joe for all of his hard work, he really did put a lot of time and work into things around here, and I'm sad to see him go. :

So that's it from me. Go and frolic in the darkness of v2, and be happy. :)

Last Edit: Feb 2, 2007 2:59:57 GMT by Kay

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
First post! XD

It looks awesome.

Joe? You're leaving? Wtf?

Last Edit: Feb 2, 2007 3:04:05 GMT by mukei

Nate

Nate Avatar

Official Member

July 2007
This is frikin crazy. Nie job to everybody I'm gonna have fun with some stuff. :: rate 5 :: :-X

BTW: How in the world did you do that avatar code, cookies?

Last Edit: Feb 2, 2007 3:28:15 GMT by Kay

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
I saw it as it was being installed. You wouldn't believe how buggy it looked at first. :-X

Oh, also, code for the XD smiley is :-X ;)
wat

Crazy

Crazy Avatar

Official Member

October 2005
Well, looks good guys. Respectable.

Just not what I thought it would be really. :/

Pierce

Pierce Avatar
bloodshot

February 2007
looks great guys, im very impressed

ive been waiting since last night :P
-Pierce
Midnight Forums

Kitezer

Kitezer Avatar
I want to help Orca.

Official Member

February 2007
awesome great job. It looks really cool.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
is it supposed to look like this? =x

....i mean er....nice, good job

(¯`•DregondRahl•._)

(¯`•DregondRahl•._) Avatar
Remanifesting-Eternal

Dedicated Member

September 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

AWWWWSOOMMEEEE!!!!

AI

AI Avatar

Dedicated Member

May 2006
Nice. Crazy skin. Great work to all. :D

Mithras

Mithras Avatar

Studio Member

July 2006
This is really nice. Everything is done wonderfully.

However, I hate to say this, but I like the lighter "feel" of SZv1 :-/

Support Rob Scuderi, the #1 Penguins Defender!

lucifer said:
"Behold: me! I have authority in this building."

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
XD thanks guys. Glad to see you all loved it! :D

Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

newBookmarkLockedFalling