Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Virtuoso

Virtuoso Avatar

May 2006
You guys have gotten all the good compliments, time for me to step in. xD

K, I really do like the design, good job on that Joe. Now time to crush your souls. I think that the concept isn't as good as could be done by such a duo as you two. The only two things I see unique so far that catch my eye are the posting area, and the menu, both of which have been done. Not quite matching up to my anticipation, the forum. I do however like what you have done with the posting page. That is quite unique.

That said, it is still a massive improvement from the previous version. Good job, and I wish you guys good luck. :)

Also, Chris, what did you do to get the search feature? It's extremely slow for me, contrary to the search feature I did on DD1.

:: rate 3 ::

Last Edit: Feb 2, 2007 14:24:44 GMT by Virtuoso

Blade

Blade Avatar

Official Member

August 2005
I think the main page head/base could have been done alot better.. other then that..very nicely done.

Zerox

Zerox Avatar

November 2006
Wow, very nice, I still prefer the last version over this one because I like simplistic things, still very nice, well done. =)

Last Edit: Feb 2, 2007 15:55:46 GMT by Zerox

TheDiaryRoom

TheDiaryRoom Avatar

October 2005
I don't like the header, especially the "Windows Media 11" style buttons.

But I like the rest. The coding is excellent, and fast. 8-)

Ron

Ron Avatar

Dedicated Member

May 2006
Sweet mother of cheese, this is sweet.

Shockeye

Shockeye Avatar
Studying HTML and Javascript

Official Member

December 2006
Wow! this is nice. I like the page codes and also the colors. They are very good

nooki

nooki Avatar

July 2006
- Some smiley's were animated 2 much, and it is hard to notice the emotions their doing cause it passes so fast.

- Blade is right, Joe you could of done a better job on the main page specially on the head/base image.

- I'm not much of the fan for yellow text on the profile thing when you see someone's post.. it does not match with the forum at all.. perhaps choosing a dark color would be better?
Header:
- I would lower the opacity in the light part and not use any effects on it, also would change the text to something big, I realized the text is the only part that stands out a lot and does not fit.

The rest all I could say is very very amazing.

Loved how it's been code, loved the rest of the design, makes a nice combination. It's wasn't worth of waiting THAT much but yes you could say it's worth it. :)

Good luck! hope SZ expands more.

Last Edit: Feb 2, 2007 19:41:26 GMT by nooki

jongos

jongos Avatar

Male

December 2005
Quite attractive.

Menu is a bit slow, not a huge fan of the banner. Other than that I love it. I'll get active again, I think. :P
Thanks, Kay!

rezistik

rezistik Avatar

February 2007
zomg this doesnt even look like a proboard anymore i want these codes...omfg

Kahless™

Kahless™ Avatar
Coding noob

October 2005
Gotta say its one sick skin, though you still got some coding problems chris
"In the end, we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." Martin Luther King

Samuel

Samuel Avatar

July 2006
I <3 it, and everything about it... except maybe the menu nearer the top of the page, scrolling is not fun!

:: rate 5 ::

Last Edit: Feb 2, 2007 21:10:20 GMT by Samuel

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
As always, I could load up a ton more suggestions but you guys have had enough criticizing for a while, so go ahead and bask in your glory for now. Congratulations, the forum looks great. You could see the hard work that went into making this. I'm sure you could use this place as a pick-up line now since it's so sexy. Or something, that kinda came out wrong.

Also, as for Joe leaving...

HOW CUD DIS HAAAAAPPPPEEEEN 2 MEEEEEE =O

Good luck both in school and life man. Check back here a lot too.

edit: congrats on promotions guys

Last Edit: Feb 2, 2007 23:46:49 GMT by Ess Ohh

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Go figure, everyone is quick to criticize. =/

Alright, time for me to share my opinion: ya'll don't know what you're talking about. Graphically, this forum is superior to any other out there. Seriously, there is no forum that is so graphic heavy and has the amount of details that every one of the images here has. Coding wise, SZ is arguably the most efficiently coded forum on ProBoards. It may not be the fastest, but considering that it's lugging along 2 extra skins which are both coded heavier than most forums today, it's pretty fucking good.

Honestly, I can understand if you guys think Chris and Joe could've done better. Really, maybe they could've, but not in the amount of time they had (especially with Joe's school issues). But to say that this place is just "good" is ridiculous. Find me a forum that can match this. Really, I dare you to. Have you even looked around? A completely revamped posting section, custom codes up the ass, a totally innovative menu, and enough design precision to knock the socks off of the greatest designers around. I see a lot of you nit-pick which is good for a forum, don't get me wrong, but you guys seem like you're just criticizing for the sake of criticizing.

I see unique so far that catch my eye are the posting area, and the menu, both of which have been done.

Where has this ever been done on ProBoards? You have to remember that ProBoards has a TON of restrictions. Plus, how much do you honestly expect to be done without completely bogging down the board with useless and impractical features which nobody wants? We could turn the Info Center upside down, move the mini profile to the very right of the forum, and make everyone's usernames sparkle, but I really doubt that you guys would like it.

Sorry for ranting. I know I'm hardly anyone to be mad since I didn't actually do any "real" work on this skin, but as a member since the beginning and avid ProBoards design forum member, I can safely say that I'm somewhat offended at things being said. Again, you guys didn't directly insult the forum and criticizing is always good (a lot of suggestions still have yet to be implemented from the Beta Testers as a matter o' fact), but you're not just suggesting anything. You're saying that "this is overdone" or "this sucks" or "couldn't you have done better on this"? Some of you just act like you don't appreciate all the work that went into this version.

Last Edit: Feb 2, 2007 23:45:31 GMT by Lucifer

4renSick.

4renSick. Avatar

Dedicated Member

December 2005
Nice skin man ... love it. :o ;D :D :-X

Ovi

Ovi Avatar
.forgotten

Dedicated Member

October 2005
The graphics is mostly *magical, except some parts that looked rushed. But, God... the coding is the best PB has ever seen. Good job to anyone who worked on it.

Btw, DAMN YOU CD!!!1@$

I was hoping to be the first one in PB to have the mini-profile to be at the top of the post :(

newBookmarkLockedFalling