Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Well, I spent a good chunk of the last 3 hours working on this. I've made some changes and I'm pleased to present v3.2 of the Code Index. There's a few helpful changes in this version:

1. Faster loading times. I've gone through and reworked certain chunks of the code, cutting off nearly 8kb of coding, thus creating a faster initial load. I've also optimized some features to create a faster execution time.

2. Live search. You can now search the database while typing instead of having to click the "Search Database" button (or hit enter.) Advantages? See what your search is returning. Disadvantages? Slightly slower and your results aren't saved in the "Recent Searches" list. You can also disable the live search by unchecking the "Enable Live Search" box.

3. A few things were moved. I have moved a few links around, including moving "Featured Codes" to under the general "Codes" list. Also, the Change Log has been exported to an external site to cut out close to 3kb of data for faster loading times.

4. Help and glossary of terms menus have been added. They are nowhere near complete, but I'll be steadily adding to them. These were actually added early in v3.1.x, but this is their official "release." Also, glossary is accessible via the Help menu.

5. Bug fixes. Fixed a few bugs including the "Clear List" link being shown when there were no recent searches.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this update. I hope to keep expanding on it, and thus, any suggestions are welcome.

Last Edit: Dec 8, 2007 22:23:36 GMT by Chris

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Nice chris. Runs alot smoother i see good job :)

Samus

Samus Avatar
Wheee

Official Member

January 2007
Woah, that Live Search thing is very nice.

Excellent job as always Chris. :)
Extreme Data

Oracle

Oracle Avatar

Dedicated Member

September 2006
Live search is absolutely smexy. :)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
The live search has been on my list for a while, and I figured it was time to finally get it done. :)

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Searching "File Uploader" returns 50 results, 49 of which are nothing to do with uploading files :P

Russell

Russell Avatar

November 2006
Great work well done.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
simie said:
Searching "File Uploader" returns 50 results, 49 of which are nothing to do with uploading files :P

As it would normally. The system, as explained in the help guide, will search for each word listed. To search a phrase, it should be enclosed in quotes, which then returns only one result, your file uploader. :) All the other items return contain either "uploader" or "file" in some way. "profile" for example.

Last Edit: Dec 14, 2007 23:26:59 GMT by Chris

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
You should make it search full words :P

(Or at least order the results with most relevancy etc. No clue how to do that, though :-X )

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
It'd lag the live search way too much more if I sorted by relevancy. I may end up tweaking that for a setting later though. Another checkbox saying "Match All Words" or something. Could make it easier, as I do see where you're coming from.

newBookmarkLockedFalling