Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Proxima Centauri

Proxima Centauri Avatar

Dedicated Member

August 2005
Well after the post in Notices, I thought I would leave my thoughts here.

This got off to an excellent start, plenty of posts, members, and overall great activity. The coding of this forum really stood out to start with, and thats what attracted the members in my opinion, however, you need more than this (As Xylish told me) to run a forum, it's not just how it looks.

And that, is where this place went wrong. I am not saying you are bad admins, but SZ seems to have a lack of 'dedicated' members who post everyday, and would stick by through the good times and bad.

Take Chris, & Nicola for example. They left as the activity was dropping, they posted alot beforehand (admittedly some spam) but when the going got tough around SZ, they through in the towel.

You need to bring something in to make members want to stay, something unique, or maybe just post around and make new topics for larger discussions. This place needs something to make it as live as it was, you proved you had excellent coding and OK graphics (Smilies are Ace), but that isn't what makes the forum great - The members and staff do.

The one thing I must emphazise is the fact you need to do something, you can't just stand by and post and hope activity to improve, a decent forum would do that - but a GREAT forum would do something more to save the forum.

I wish this place the best of luck, and take back some off my comments I made over AIM last night, as some were, admittedly, childish. I hope SZ will be around in the coming months, and hopefully years. But for it to be, you must act now - And make SZ what it was.

As for me, I think I have had enough of SZ, and you have all most likely had enough of me too. So, without further a do I will let you all carry on, but I won't be here to help.

Good luck SZ - :)

Last Edit: Sept 8, 2005 16:12:41 GMT by Proxima Centauri

Nicola

Nicola Avatar

Official Member

September 2005
Nice speech. And I didn't give up.. But took a break. .. <_<

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
ty said:
Nice speech. And I didn't give up.. But took a break. .. <_<

By leaving? =P

Anyway, I'm awesome and I'm posting pretty much every day, so that =/= truth.

Actually, I guess it would be good if we got some more long-time members. But all the staff can do is make the forum better so they hope people can post here. That doesn't mean they will.

For example, why are you leaving? You could just as well be one of those kickass "members," no? But you have a point.

Edit: Your sig's stretching the page on an 800 x 600 res. =P

Last Edit: Sept 8, 2005 23:29:12 GMT by Ess Ohh

Nicola

Nicola Avatar

Official Member

September 2005
By leaving? =P

Yep. And now lets just say I'm going to take another break, but this one is permantent. I've had it. I slave over a hot stove and try to post alot to help the place become active but I get blocked on MSN. So now I'm going to either delete MSN or make a new s/n and only talk to people I know in real life on it. Bye everyone! And this time I mean it.. Seriously.. >_>;

Or actually, why doesn't Xylish or CD just ban me? That way I never come back. ^_^

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Who'd you get blocked by? =P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Xylish blocked him after he posed as you XD That was hilarious, and I didn't see that it was him. :P

---

As for what Proxima said, well, we seem to be doing good right now. :)

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
I agree with you prox. In may of the pointers that you have pointed out. Just to clarify that I'm not angry with you anymore..perhaps I should buy you a cold one to break the ice. The least I can do to help PC is to affiliate with you guys, and give my extended support.

Even though the merge isn't successful, both of us have learnt our lesson. And it's not to messy after all.

:D

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
Nicola, you are acting like a tard by leaving so many times. Noone can so much as breathe near you (for lack of a better analogy) without you getting in a strop and leaving.

Just because maybe you dislike the admin on a forum doesn't necessarily mean you have to leave.

. i n t e l

. i n t e l Avatar
Side.Swept- It

Official Member

September 2005
Well ill be here... im a loyal member... well im actually a new member but just wait and see, nice post prox

Spektral

Spektral Avatar

July 2009
I'll be here every day from now on. ^-^
Why?
Popo's fun to rape, that and the fact that this place has great members. Although I do have to admit there is a bit of a modding issue here.

- ± T à z ²

- ± T à z ² Avatar
Tadaima!

Dedicated Member

August 2005
braxis said:
I'll be here every day from now on. ^-^
Why?
Popo's fun to rape, that and the fact that this place has great members. Although I do have to admit there is a bit of a modding issue here.

Jesus Christ you weir... o.O oh? it was a joke.. right? lol. >_>

<_<

Er.. yea good luck with yer forums Prox. XP

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
What do you mean by this "modding issue"?

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I think he means the fact we have 9 or 10 mods. :P

But think about it... we sort of need them, otherwise one mod will get too busy to handle his part of the task. For example, I guess we could always Have Taz or Kay run both the SOTW and FOTW, but then they get busy judging, so that's a problem. Though, as we continue to grow, they should all (hopefully) be needed in their parts.

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
Eh, we had tonnes of mods at DED remember :)

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
It's great that you have many suggestions guys, but this thread is about the merge, and there isn't seem to be any talk in regards to it.

Please post all your other suggestions in a seperate thread.
What's left in the past, is the past.

-Locked-

newBookmarkLockedFalling