Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Zcourge

Zcourge Avatar

Dedicated Member

August 2005
I believe this has been discussed before, but the time it takes to load a single page is outrageous and when I try refreshing a page to check for new messages I get the background and the start of the banner and nothing else and it doesn't even finish loading.

I know I might lack patience, but if this message board is to continue growing steady the page load must be improved and it must be done soon in my opinion. Because the majority of all members probably have four or more windows open at the same time when visiting a message board and if the page load is slow it will become very annoying each time you have to wait for it to load.

I don't know if it is the major coding you've added or if it is the images that takes such a long time to load, but I'm certain you can fix this. Just my two cents, and if I sounded rude it's because I've been awake for almost thirty hours and I got five hours of sleep, so I'm a bit cranky right now.. :(

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I've been trying to optimize some coding Zcourge, and yes, its going slow. I wll not deny that. And it isn't the images.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yeah, Joe's host is down apparently, so there's nothing I can do.

Boag

Boag Avatar
Yo Yo Ma!

Official Member

September 2005
I really struggle to see any massive codes that could affect the page load times as much as seems to happen - i'd love to know what it is that causes it. Perhaps the expand/collapse categories? - If it is, then i'd suggest y'all remove that since it's completely useless really.

tenkabuto

tenkabuto Avatar

January 1970
The images havent loaded after looking through here in 15 minutes >.>

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Host's back up for me. And Boag, its all the codes together, all the loops, etc.

PRobably loop through the tables 8 or 9 times, just to accomplish a few simple things. That's the thing.

The Hide/Show doesn't mess that up at all, so don't trash my pride and joy. :P

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
Oh dear, we're going to have a riot soon if this doesn't get sorted...FAST.

*pokes CD*
You're our only hope ;)

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
It may be just me, but the loading times aren't as bad in Firefox, for some reason. O_o

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I use FF <_< That's probably why they don't seem bad to me. Anyway, I gave joe the 50% optimized coding, so when he gets on later today, expect for it to be faster. We noticed it to be faster just at the test board.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Official Member

August 2005
Yea somethings messing up a lil, the background seems to be tiled instead of stretched, banner dont load and a few other things..
I need more practice making sigs... (Kicks Xylish and asks for help) -.-

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
The thread mod inside the boards slows things down quite a bit for me.

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
The server is fixed, I shall load the new scripts online soon ;)

Boag

Boag Avatar
Yo Yo Ma!

Official Member

September 2005
cddude229 said:

The Hide/Show doesn't mess that up at all, so don't trash my pride and joy. :P

I think it's a great code! I was really impressed first time I saw it, I was merely trying to rationalise the agonising loading times in my own head. XD

- Boag

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yeah, I managed to rescript it and move it to Main Footers only :P

Anyway, loading times have been cut down a lot. If it still is the same, hit ctrl+F5.

- Locked -

newBookmarkLockedFalling