Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Boag

Boag Avatar
Yo Yo Ma!

Official Member

September 2005
While reading the newspaper suggestion, I tried to think of something more unique - so how about a news page?

It could be a link in the menubar, and it basically is a nice looking page containing a list of news articles with author and date posted, I think it would be a pretty nice feature cos it always looks good to have unique things in your menubar. ;)

I could code this if you like, wouldn't be admin controlled or anything, but it'd be easy enough to edit, and I think would be a nice little addition.

- Boag

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Hmm.....that is definately different.

Sounds ok to me. Let's wait to hear from 1 or both of the admins. :P

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
I'm as good as an admin right? :P And I say it's good ;)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Not a bad idea.... :P And Boag, if we do this, I have a way in mind to code it. :P

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
But who is going to contribute the newspapers? With the amount of active members in here, there won't be many who would read it...

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
Leave it for a while then? It's a good idea for when we get more active.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yeah, I agree that it'd be great once we got more active. But for now, the idea wouldn't do too much good.

Boag

Boag Avatar
Yo Yo Ma!

Official Member

September 2005
But there's lots of news with all the mergey stuff etc. - and it doesn't even have to be looked at, it just looks impressive if a pb site has custom features in the menubar, even if people only glance at it for a second this place will subliminally stick out from other sites - and they may join!

Doesn't even have to be a news page, custom features are just impressive to people. :D

- Boag

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
Yeah actually, when I said my other comment earlier I had a newspaper in mind. But this is a good idea even at this stage, as it logs what happens at SZ. Even if it's just a paragraph once in a while telling people what's going on, it's still worth starting now.

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
So you mean, instead of the "notice" board, we have a newspaper link in the menu bar ???

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I think he means in the menubar anywhere, we include a link to a page with news.... sort of like how all the major portals are.

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
Yeah, both of what you guys said is what we're meaning :)

Maybe not replace the notice board, but use the new page for minor comments, and the notice board for big notices.

Boag

Boag Avatar
Yo Yo Ma!

Official Member

September 2005
The notice board could be used for discussion on major news articles etc.

- Boag

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
What kind of news, though? I still think announcements should be posted in the notices board, but that's just me.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
admin said:
But who is going to contribute the newspapers? With the amount of active members in here, there won't be many who would read it...

I could find, write, and organize articles. It could be based off of the forum, other forums, feature a code and tutorial of the month maybe, and also some news on other sites or something. For example, I don't know when but ZD is working on v3 so when they release it, we could do an article. So people know what's going on here and at the other major competeing design sites.

newBookmarkLockedFalling