Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
...doesn't really match colourwise :-/

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
jamie85 said:
...doesn't really match colourwise :-/

I know, it's been done on purpose ;)

I mean, check out the gradient colour from the top, it's dark, isn't it?

Spektral

Spektral Avatar

July 2009
May I add that the banner doesn't match at all either? That's what this skin is all about, unique blends of colors and shapes, that somehow looks so good it makes all other skins look like... a peed on piece of chicken? O_o

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
It matches the bg. Besides, everyone is so stuck on the little things. This place is one of the best forums I've ever seen. SSD has way more image flaws than this place, but no one is chewing them out.

Sorry, it just bugs me that everyone always makes threads about how "bad" the graphics are. I don't think that was your intention, but this thread falls in that category.

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
What's wrong with striving for perfection? If someone saw a little thing wrong with a forum of mine I'd be happy to improve it.

Also, I don't go to SSD, so that's why I don't "complain" there.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
jamie85 said:
What's wrong with striving for perfection? If someone saw a little thing wrong with a forum of mine I'd be happy to improve it.

Also, I don't go to SSD, so that's why I don't "complain" there.

My point is is that the top bar matches the dark blue of the bg. And my point about SSD is that they have many graphical errors and inconsistencies, but none of their members complain. And they're the most successful design site. So one person that thinks a little blue bar doesn't "match" even though it does is somewhat annoying to me.

Maybe it's different for you. I was here in the beginning when everyone said how great it was and then they turned around and complained about every little nonsensical factor. Like saying "Studio Zero" in the Quick Reply header(or footer, whichever). Things that aren't worth complaining about. Afterall, Joe added the bar and left it. I'm assuming it's because he thought it matched(he made the site, he outta know) and the admins liked it. There's no use complaining about such a petty image.

Sorry if I sound so harsh...it just really bugs me. These guys put alot of work into this forum and I love it like it's my own, so I guess I'm somewhat defensive. Wow, I sound like such a nerd in that sentence. :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
We do what we can to help improve it, nothing more. :P Its Joe's opinion, and he said it matches....

newBookmarkLockedFalling