Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Before we start, I'd like to thank all of the members and staff for their contributions to the Studio, during the good, bad and ugly times.

Rude am I in speech, we're really grateful for all the support during my absence. Words cannot express my thanks for the continuous support.

Because many of you have been to the Studio, whether just stumbled upon, or just like to browse. We'd like to hear what you say about us :)

For this thread, criticisms, praises, exalts (words and karma), comparasions betweens our forum and others, improvements and recommendations are all welcome.

To put this short: anything that's worthwhile and reasonably stated are OK. We tolerate criticisms, but blatent criticisms without proper reasons are not acceptable and will be dealt with.

Discussions about the views can be placed here as well.

The basic outline of this discussion are:
  • What's your current view of Studio Zero?
  • What can be improved from our current state? (staffing? content? Please relate to the improvements which can be made by the Staff)
  • What will you look most foward to in Studio Zero version 2? (yes, version 2 XP)

Of course, these topics are not limited to these major outlines only. XP

Let the discussion begin! :)

Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Luke

Luke Avatar

August 2005
All I would like to see is V2. Everything we have going on here currently is fine with me.

We're doing fine, we're not dead yet, and V2 will give us a muchly needed boost for our activity.

We started out strong, and we're still strong. SZ is a pwning coding site, period. :)

Teh igi-

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
What's your current view of Studio Zero?
I Think this site is great. Its got lots of codes, plenty of graphics, its got tutorials for both coding and graphics, and basically everything else a person could want. The only thing that i think should be improved is how much the convention center(general chat board) is used. it seems like its never used and it just sits there. i think the board should be used more so we can get to know each other better and become a better comunity, and even a better family.

What can be improved from our current state? (staffing? content? Please relate to the improvements which can be made by the Staff)
I think you should definately try and get another person to take care of code requests because it seems like chris is constantly overloaded with code requests, leving him no time to do anything else. he has a life too(or i think so at least :P). Besides that, i think the staff here are great. :)

What will you look most foward to in Studio Zero version 2? (yes, version 2 XP)
The new skin! lol i REALLY wanna see the great skin you guys will put together. currently, the skin looks awsome! i love the eprfessionalism you have in this skin. hopefully you will keep the perfessional look in V2 and not make it look cartoony like alot of other forums.

Last Edit: May 26, 2006 15:30:46 GMT by Andrew McGivery
k

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Hmm...fredy brings up a good point about Chris. He is way too overloaded. I suggest getting another mod and possibly another GFX request mod. HP is doing an exceptional job, but like Chris, he seems overloaded.

As for improving the forum, don't be afraid to be a bit cliche to try and raise activity. Try an RPG, try a magazine, etc. Just browse other successful forums for ideas on little bits that we can use to add flavor. For example, SSD has the "SSD Collection" thing which no one has. We need something like that.

As for v2, I can't wait for the whole thing. The skin will be awesome (I hope) and CD is a great coder so I expect that to be as well.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I'm only overloaded because of everyone requesting miniprofiles (I finally created a base, so basically I just edit HTML. :P) CJ's a coding mod, but I do all the requests before he gets a chance... <.<; As for HP.... well, I think its school really for him as all.

As for v2, I'll tell you guys now: It isn't professional. But its damn stunning.

nooki

nooki Avatar

July 2006
V2 will be amazing.

I can just like imagine that XD.

Staff : Graphic wise need to be more looked into, I used to look into it but didn't had chance to other stuff.. long time ago of course :P

Mostly if I would say for staff xylish would be the person who should be on-line most of the time and be posting more.. due to my experiences before CD come along and be the very popular coding person he was the only one from sz that has been well known and been one of the best graphic designers of PB. so he should show him self again cause it will bring more attention to sz, hopefully it will change cause u have studies now and such ;)

Kay is a pretty cool admin. neil is a kiddish boy, love him for what he is.

the rest are fine..

as for the V2 of this forum.

I would love to see creative stuff, better contests better designs, focus on the graphic section.. and add stuff that people never seen before. Original ideas was first in my views from sz.. from the first it was pretty much an original forum and I still hope to see it the same way as it was before.

good luck! :)

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
cddude229 said:
I'm only overloaded because of everyone requesting miniprofiles (I finally created a base, so basically I just edit HTML. :P) CJ's a coding mod, but I do all the requests before he gets a chance... <.<; As for HP.... well, I think its school really for him as all.

As for v2, I'll tell you guys now: It isn't professional. But its damn stunning.

I'll relieve for you...in HTML..<_<;;;

I'll look more in depth of each posts later, but for now. Since Chris said it's stunning. Lemme give you guys a little insider: the PSD containing the whole main page layout of SZv2 (ONLY THE MAIN PAGE ;) ) Totals to around about 7mb. And it eats half my memory XD
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
i'm guessing that means you guys put alot of detail into it? :P
k

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
fredy said:
i'm guessing that means you guys put alot of detail into it? :P

Bascially yeah.

I've tried to check each component on the main page to make sure that the graphics don't stick out like a sore thumb too much. :D

[Random] ,{Jester}

[Random] ,{Jester} Avatar
I LIVE

Official Member

October 2005
Personaly my views on this place are abit off because I haven't been here, or shall I say, back here, for awhile, but I think it will stay the same.

I enjoy being here, and I also like leeching off the codes...I mean learning vaule-able skills and talents :P Nah, this is a great place to be, and is a easy way for me to blow the time before Xmen 3.

I am looking forward mostly in SZ;V2, is the color scheme, I have no idea what it is, thus I like suprises, and also [hope-fully] being able to view a stunning new layout created by the ever talented team here at studio zero...

......is it just me or did that come across as some kinda paid-broadcast XD
Projects
==========
Titan Sword [RPGMXP]

Graphics; ====
Ruby Script; =====
Music; =====
Story; =====

Snowfall

Snowfall Avatar
Web developer in the making

Official Member

February 2006
lucifer said:
Try an RPG, try a magazine, etc.

Liking the magazine idea :D. I think this forum is great, fantastic tempalte, community, graphics, codes, people, tempalte, community...tempalte? have i missed anything out? Well as you can see i love the template, so i cant wait for the second version :) i think when you bring the second version out you should have one of those template multi chooser things where you can choose your own tempalte between version 1 and version 2 :) lol just a thought *shrugs*

Loving the site Studio Zero keep up the good work.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
IT may not happen right away, but I plan to make the coding work so you can select between version 1 and version 2. ;)

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
cddude229 said:
IT may not happen right away, but I plan to make the coding work so you can select between version 1 and version 2. ;)

But for the meantime. When v2 is out. We're expected for the skin to be fully v2 for a short time. :)

Snowfall

Snowfall Avatar
Web developer in the making

Official Member

February 2006
hehe thought so :D but keep up the good work guys ;)

Loving the site Studio Zero keep up the good work.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
# What's your current view of Studio Zero?
# What can be improved from our current state? (staffing? content? Please relate to the improvements which can be made by the Staff)
# What will you look most foward to in Studio Zero version 2? (yes, version 2 XP)

--Er...it's useful for codes? From what I've seen, maybe this places focuses too heavily on design. Even though it's a design board. Alakazam.

--You should fire this "chris" person.

Well, I just want the convention center (and the video game board, but that's just wishful thinking) to be active. Design sites/forums aren't really my thing, which actually kinda makes you think why the hell I'm here. But for, let's say, a new member who just sometimes does coding and graphics as a hobby, and they want some new community to join to. They're not gonna stay here, 'cause the one board people can talk about whatever they want isn't active. Well, I guess it's been more active lately, but...uh, not like other boards, in my opinion.

--Version 2 should be awesome condensed into a can. Except you shouldn't condense it so just make it awesome.

newBookmarkLockedFalling