Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

I dont know if its been reported before but I thought I will bring it up!

When you search a board the posts display but the mini profile modification dont appear.

Example.

Go to the intro forum, click "search" and enter Jamie. The results come up but the mini profile mod doesnt appear!

-Jamie

:o

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Well, I think the main reason that it doesn't appear is because the search results are coded so that the miniprofile will be displayed when profile are viewed or the posts are viewed.

I'm not too sure about this area as CD is in charge of it. We'll have to ask him to see if this can be either included or not.
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Ok, Its nothing major but I thought I should tell you ;)

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
11823 said:
Ok, Its nothing major but I thought I should tell you ;)

Well, it's cool that you noticed it. ;)
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Kahless™

Kahless™ Avatar
Coding noob

October 2005
The mini profile checks for the pages that use the mini profile, but the search page brings you to the main page which the location check ignores becaue the mini profile dosent appear there
"In the end, we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." Martin Luther King

hpmad

hpmad Avatar

September 2005
It could be possible to check document.title for " - Search Results" though

Kahless™

Kahless™ Avatar
Coding noob

October 2005
yes but then the code has to read more and another loop slows down the loading time, not that big of a deal
"In the end, we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." Martin Luther King

hpmad

hpmad Avatar

September 2005
You wouldn't need another loop. There's only one title in the page :P

if(location.href.match(/action=display/i) || document.title.match(/ - Search Results/)){

Last Edit: Jun 2, 2006 10:59:08 GMT by hpmad

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
The RegExp is a bit more complex then that actually HP, but you have the basics of it. :P And yeah, I'll fix this later when I get home. It shouldn't be too hard to do.

newBookmarkLockedFalling