Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

wilsiakk

wilsiakk Avatar
Thanks for the avatar Lucifer!

December 2006
I love the nice skins SZ always has, but have you guys ever thought of making them better by coming up with a different scheme? Sure you have 200 shades of blue here, and it may be darker than v1, but it still could be better with an original scheme. Which brings me to my question. Will SZ ever grow out of this annoying 'scheme phase?'

You guys would be a bigger success with schemes that your members haven't seen twice already ;)

Crazy

Crazy Avatar

Official Member

October 2005
They've only had two real versions, not really a scheme phase yet.

wilsiakk

wilsiakk Avatar

December 2006
3, and I'm sure the 4th won't be much different.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Version Zero isn't a real skin. It's a revival of an old skin of Joe's. We decided to do that since Version Two was taking so long, just give the members another choice. Now, we may. Joe won't be designing a skin for us again, so it'd be the call of whoever designs v3. I'd probably push for a color other than blue though.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I, for one, like the same scheme. I feel at home. I feel like "yes, this is SZ". I don't feel like "yes...this is just another new skin which conforms to the usual trendwhore fashions of this season". It's more proffessional. If we suddenly switched to dark red or something, it would've made no sense and definitely wouldn't have been truly SZ.

wilsiakk

wilsiakk Avatar

December 2006
I understand what you're saying Lucifer, but still, it could be changed. And dark red wouldn't be 'at home' on any forum xD

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
A green shade was actually discussed at one point for SZ. :P Don't remember where Joe and I went with that idea though.

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
While the scheme thing is something to talk about -- the way Joe did it is way better than anything else at any other forum on Proboards --- He's used almost every color in the rainbow but there's some blue blended with all of it -- making it flow and stand-out at the same time. Honestly, I cannot think of even 1 other Proboards SKin that even remotely matches the level of perfection that this one has.

wilsiakk

wilsiakk Avatar

December 2006
I can. For example, the head/base have no depth in the cutout parts, they look like they were done on one layer, no offence.

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
I CAN what???

I was talking of something completely different. And what if they WERE done on one layer --- still looks bloody fantastic to me --- you don't necessarily need 100 layers that don't go anywhere :P

Last Edit: Feb 4, 2007 10:21:21 GMT by slip

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
Why fix something that isn't broken?
This is my old account. This is my new account

Luke

Luke Avatar

August 2005
I don't view this forum as anything near professional. I view this as a layout strictly for the members convenience. I will admit, I'm not completely digging the layout myself, the coding makes up for that.

Um, go Colts? :P

Mithras

Mithras Avatar

Studio Member

July 2006
lucifer said:
It's more proffessional. If we suddenly switched to dark red or something, it would've made no sense and definitely wouldn't have been truly SZ.

I'm trying to stay out of this, but I just want to correct you here. SZv1 was very professional, and I think it's the best skin I have ever seen for a Proboards forum, and probably the second best skin I have every seen for any forum. SZv2 is not really that professional. It's a light-on-dark, which is pretty much against the whole "professional" feel. I do like it, but I'm just saying that I like SZv1 better.

Bottom Line: Between SZv1 and v2, Joe and Chris have done everything that you can do with a Proboards forum, and this forum will definitely go down as one of the best designed forums that PB has ever hosted.

Support Rob Scuderi, the #1 Penguins Defender!

lucifer said:
"Behold: me! I have authority in this building."

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
mithras said:
lucifer said:
It's more proffessional. If we suddenly switched to dark red or something, it would've made no sense and definitely wouldn't have been truly SZ.

I'm trying to stay out of this, but I just want to correct you here. SZv1 was very professional, and I think it's the best skin I have ever seen for a Proboards forum, and probably the second best skin I have every seen for any forum. SZv2 is not really that professional. It's a light-on-dark, which is pretty much against the whole "professional" feel. I do like it, but I'm just saying that I like SZv1 better.

Bottom Line: Between SZv1 and v2, Joe and Chris have done everything that you can do with a Proboards forum, and this forum will definitely go down as one of the best designed forums that PB has ever hosted.

Yeah, you're right, but it's still better (in my opinion) if they stay with a color scheme. It'd be like Firefox switching to a purple goat. It doesn't make sense.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
rofl.... a pruple goat? :P
k

newBookmarkLockedFalling