Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

AI

AI Avatar

Dedicated Member

May 2006
As you have have known, PS CS3 is coming out soon. What improvements are you expecting? I don't really need any improvements from CS2 being made, because CS2 does a lot of things right. Still, a more user friendly interface would be better I guess.

windwaker

windwaker Avatar
Hey!

Dedicated Member

October 2005
Really?!! There's going to be a PS CS3 soon?! There probably won't be much of a difference at all. Just compare PS 7 and CS2, they are basically the same thing.

Things I would like to see from CS3 are -
• Being able to do image mapping without having to switch to Image Ready
• Just merge Image Ready with Photoshop instead of making you have to star them up seperately

But all I really think they will do is add a few more filters to CS2 and call it CS3.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
If they can merge ImageReady and PhotoShop, it'll truly be a great achievement.

Virtuoso

Virtuoso Avatar

May 2006
cddude229 said:

Not really. It's the same when their seperate anyways. :/

Anyways, I doubt this program will be any different. I'm still going to be with PS 7, for a while anyways.

AI

AI Avatar

Dedicated Member

May 2006
cddude229 said:

Yes, I think that will be cool. Then, we won't need two different programs.

Last Edit: May 16, 2006 20:56:43 GMT by AI

Rouno

Rouno Avatar

Dedicated Member

August 2005
I've used PS 7 for about as long as I've done graphics, and I don't plan on upgrading to these new versions mainly because they're basically the same things with a few minor tweaks. Sure, there are some filters I would like to be able to use (warming filter is one of them), but hey, good graphic artists should be able to reproduce those effects anyhow. lol (I'm still working at it. XD)

Virtuoso

Virtuoso Avatar

May 2006
eichi said:
I've used PS 7 for about as long as I've done graphics, and I don't plan on upgrading to these new versions mainly because they're basically the same things with a few minor tweaks. Sure, there are some filters I would like to be able to use (warming filter is one of them), but hey, good graphic artists should be able to reproduce those effects anyhow. lol (I'm still working at it. XD)

I'm pretty sure you can use motion blurs and flares to create somewhat of a warming filter. :)

Rouno

Rouno Avatar

Dedicated Member

August 2005
virtuoso said:
eichi said:

I'm pretty sure you can use motion blurs and flares to create somewhat of a warming filter. :)

I imitate it through my retouching abilities. I stay away from blurs and such when trying to keep the quality/sharpness of the image.

The only way I'd get another version of Photoshop is when they revolutionize the interface and add a massive amount of useful features, rather than all these little tweaks. XD

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
:P I don't even use filters.... must be why I suck.

Smangii

Smangii Avatar
Smangii Avatar

March 2006
Well, I don't own PS... *sobs* but I still love my PSP ;D I use filters only as effects for other stuff. Like blurring, tiling, reflections, etc. But the swirly stuff like that...eh, don't use em. It's not 'cool' lol.

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
I'm not too sure what to expect from PSCS3 to be frank. Probably faster loading times and more efficient improvements for handling massive amounts of photographs :D
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
popojoe said:
I'm not too sure what to expect from PSCS3 to be frank. Probably faster loading times and more efficient improvements for handling massive amounts of photographs :D

Just so your computer won't lag for that 10 MB concept art? :P

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Yes, practially....XDDD
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

dravu2000
Right after I got CS, CS2 came out. I tried out the trial and didn't really notice any differences besides a few more filters and a different title. I'm not upgrading unless they come out with something really nice and worth the extra effort of upgrading.

P.S. - Sorry to bump the thread, but it's interesting and I'm bored. :P

Last Edit: Jun 5, 2006 6:30:04 GMT by dravu2000

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Tis ok. :P

Actually. They did have some pretty sweet upgrades. Such as the ability to use "Smart resizing", where you can resize the image into pixel size and size it up again without making the image pixelated.

They also enhanced RAW file support, which is crucial for digital photographers like me :D

newBookmarkLockedFalling