Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Smashey

Smashey Avatar
Teh Machinima Master.

August 2005
A nice pixel stretched signature that will fit for any forum
Difficulty: :: rate 3 ::
Step 1:
Create a new document, a relatively good size, such as 400x150.
Step 2:
Filter>Render>Clouds. Do that like 3 times to get a nice mix.
Step 3:
Take out those brushes and make a nice layer of grunge, abstract, or whatever. Make sure to switch from black to white using X.
Step 4:
Get a picture or render from anything you want. www.clantemplates.com has some nice game renders. Select only the picture, making sure there is basically no background, and copy it. Ctrl+C or Edit>Copy.
Step 5:
Go back to you signature you were working on earlier and paste the picture you just copied. Move it to a good space where you want it to be.
Step 6:
Grab the Single Column Marquee Tool, and click on an area on the picture you pasted. Then press Ctrl+C, then Ctrl+V, then Ctrl+T. Now you can stretch the area you copied and pasted. Stretch it all across the signature. Then move the pixel stretch layer below the picture or render but above the brushed layer. Set the layer to Overlay.
Step 7:
Now to add the text. Take the text tool using any good font and type in what you want. Then for the layer style, add a drop shadow with a degrees of 169, and change the opacity to like 90. After that, set the text layer to Overlay. Now you're done!~

Copyright Smashey
Final Result: My signature

Last Edit: Sept 4, 2005 18:10:40 GMT by Smashey

I make halo 2 machinima

boomz

boomz Avatar

October 2005
Ok I have no clue how to get the Single Column Marquee Tool. I dont have it. I have the lasso and rectangle.

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
if you click where you have the Rectangle Marquee hold down your mouse and you get a drop down menu.. click the Single Column Marquee

boomz

boomz Avatar

October 2005
Ah thanks a lot man, I have always wondered how to get it or if I just had the wrong PS version or something. Now I can finally make cooler sigs.

Xeron

Xeron Avatar

Dedicated Member

October 2005
Nice tutorial, learned it awhile back but has a nice effect and outcome.

Smashey

Smashey Avatar
Teh Machinima Master.

August 2005
Thanks guys. I'll update this so it has an image instead. Much easier to follow.

I make halo 2 machinima

newBookmarkLockedFalling