Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
I play CounterStrike 1.6 alot nowadays... and i finally got off my arse to make my own decal.. because to be honest a orange snooker ball(pool) was pretty pants lol....

So... basically i learnt this from egbakaet and i am going to make a tutorial from the knowledge i now have of it...

first of all make a small avatar like document in photoshop i used 96 X 96 pixels because the converter i used is wierd and doesn't have 100 x 100 but only 96 x 96 lol...

make your picture... (add your name blah blah blah) whatever you think looks nice

this is what i came up wi

now you need this program

Decal Converter

once downloaded open up the exe file inside the archive file...

now once the program is open go to file > open picture and select the file you just made in photoshop... this will import it into the program... set the size to 96 x 96 pixels.. and click decal at the top... you need to set the path to the game file for counterstrike...

this is usually

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\YOURSTEAMNAME\counter-strike\cstrike

you need to save it as tempdecal.wad for it to work.. if it asks you to overwrite any file accept it..
after thats done check that its made the file... then open CS and create a new game... once the game has started, point somewhere at a wall or floor and press T your spray should appear :)

any problems talk to me @ yami_kun@hotmail.co.uk or egbakaet at the url i gave at the start of the tutorial

Last Edit: Nov 25, 2005 12:35:46 GMT by Llanilek

newBookmarkLockedFalling