Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Smangii

Smangii Avatar
Smangii Avatar

March 2006
WELCOME TO THE TUTORIAL On how to make a glowing rainbow-border around a text. Here's an example:

This tutorial was made with PSP X, but I'm sure this is capable with other versions of PSP including 9, 8, and 7.

Step 1: Open your background, or the image you want to place the text on. For this tutorial, I'm going to use a Dark Gray Gradient. Using the FloodFill tool, I fill in the background layer.

Step 2: Select a font and text size. For this tutorial, I'm using a font known as 'Chick' with a size of 80. I'm using these settings:

Anti-Alias: Off
Stroke Width: 0.0
Create as: Floating
Line Style: Solid

Step 3: Set your background color to the "Rainbow Gradient" with these settings:

Step 4: Go to Layers --> New Raster Layer --> Ok.

Step 5: Click on your image and type your text. This is what I have so far. DO NOT DESELECT!!!!!!!!!!

Step 6: Go to Selections --> Defloat or press Ctrl + Shift + F

Step 7: Then go to Selections --> Modify --> Contract --> Set your pixels to 3 or 2, depeding how thick you want the border to be. I'm using 2 for my font.

Step 8: Then go to Effects --> Artistic Effects --> Glowing Edges --> And use these settings:

Intensity: 1
Sharpness: 12

These can be altered, but this is what worked best with my font. These are my results:

That's pretty much it, but if you want it to have more of a glowing effect, continue down below!

Step 9: KEEP IT SELECTED!

Go to Selections --> Modify --> Exapand, and put the same number u used previously (2 or 3).

Step 10: Go to Blur --> Gaussian Blur --> and set your radius to 1.

Go to selections --> Select none, or press Ctrl + D.

TaDa! You've got a rainbow glowing border! This will also work with other borders, as well.

^^ I hope you enjoyed! ;D

newBookmarkLockedFalling