Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Anyone play this? It has to be one of the best games for the GCN -- and for this generation in total -- in my opinion. Definitely revamped the entire RE series with more action.

I would go into more detail but I don't really know what else to say besides that it rocks.

Smashey

Smashey Avatar
Teh Machinima Master.

August 2005
Of course SO =]
STILL CAN'T FIX BROKEN CONTROLLER.

I make halo 2 machinima

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
You should buy a new controller then. =P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yeah, really Smashey, cause this game rocks. >_> Though I think I'm still in the same spot....

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
Haven't got a GC either, but got to play this round my cousins luckily. It's a great game but I wouldn't say it is the best Resi game as it basically isn't Resi!

They changed too much and turned it into an action game rather than survival horror. While this made it a great game and isn't a bad thing, the old resi style was also good. While many complain about the controls, that is what made it scary and seem like survival...they made it what Resi was!

Boag

Boag Avatar
Yo Yo Ma!

Official Member

September 2005
I've played the Mercenaries mode on my mate's GC and it's damn good! I really look forward to it's release on PS2 later this year, i'll certainly be picking it up!

- Boag

Nicola

Nicola Avatar

Official Member

September 2005
Of course SO =]
STILL CAN'T FIX BROKEN CONTROLLER.

Or send it to my house. I'll "fix" it for ya.. Ten thousand dolla'!

I would go into more detail but I don't really know what else to say besides that it rocks.

Yep.. That pretty much sums it up.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
jamie85 said:
Haven't got a GC either, but got to play this round my cousins luckily. It's a great game but I wouldn't say it is the best Resi game as it basically isn't Resi!

They changed too much and turned it into an action game rather than survival horror. While this made it a great game and isn't a bad thing, the old resi style was also good. While many complain about the controls, that is what made it scary and seem like survival...they made it what Resi was!

True, dedicated RE fans tend to like the past games better. But I was never too much into Resident Evil before this, and this is what brought me into the series, so to speak.

While it may not have been scream-your-pants scary, it was still creepy in some parts. To me, this was awesome, since it was finally a third-person shooter action/adventure game.

I unlocked the Chicago Typewriter, but never bothered with the Handcannon. Unlocking all the characters in Mercs was fine with me.

lady

lady Avatar

September 2005
I love this game its really cool, every Re that comes out is better then the first one, I love it all, veronica x was my fav game out of the series but i heard they are going to stop making them...big mistake if u ask me

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
lady said:
I love this game its really cool, every Re that comes out is better then the first one, I love it all, veronica x was my fav game out of the series but i heard they are going to stop making them...big mistake if u ask me

Did you beat RE4? Just wondering. If not, how far are you?

And Resident Evil 5 has been confirmed for PS3 and X360, with a possibility for the Rev once specs have been revealed.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yeah, but RE6? :P Yeah right...

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
I don't see Capcom stopping anytime soon, Resi is only getting more popular.

They conned us in europe with Resi Outbreak. They took out the online mode thinking we don't use the internet for games much ¬_¬ (or something silly like that :P) Anyway, OB2 is out now in the UK and I think that IS online enabled.

Sorry went completely off topic there.

Last Edit: Sept 9, 2005 16:33:40 GMT by Jamie85

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Eh, wello, if they don't stop, they don't, if they do.... they have rabid gamers attack them. Simple as that.

---

On topic, I think I'm still in like, 4-2 or something. <_< Last I remember is taking out Dos Gigantes with my knife, cause I ran out of ammo.

newBookmarkLockedFalling