Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Yeah, you can say it's overrated and whatnot, but it's still one of the best games I've ever played. Maybe it's the nostalgia factor, I dunno. It's kinda funny, though.

The game comes out, and fanboys obsess over it for years. Then they die down, and anti-fanboys emerge because of the fanboy crowd that was active back then.

Whatever, it's still pretty awesome, in my opinion. I think I missed Ifrit and Ramuh my first playthrough, but I got them eventually through the Master Summon Materia. And of course, I got Knights of the Round.

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
Who would call it overrated? Shush! :P

Maybe it's nostalgia with me too, but the sheer fun you get from playing this game and unravelling the story makes it unsurpassable by any other games. No other games (apart from the other FF I have played, X) have come close to the amount of fun I had with this game, except maybe Syphon Filter 2.

It's never the same as your first time through though.

Rouno

Rouno Avatar

Dedicated Member

August 2005
FF VII was truly a masterpiece of its time, and in some ways, it still is. I consider it one of the best games ever made. I enjoyed the deep story, the characters, and every little thing they included into this fantastic game.

I have to admit that I had never beat any FF game in my life -- that's due to school, other events, etc. However, the Final Fantasy series will always be my favorite.

:)

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
You should beat it. The ending was kickass, if not slightly confusing.

And this is also one of the few games that have convinced me to start a second playthrough on them. I never finished the second playthrough (got to the part right before the hotel in Kalm with the flashback at Nibelheim).

Last Edit: Sept 8, 2005 23:03:59 GMT by Ess Ohh

lady

lady Avatar

September 2005
yep i love the game i heard the sequel will be interesting tho im not to sure really what its going to be about but its going to be killer. 7 to me was the best FF game

lpf
I only had the first disc, so I never really found out what happened, but from what I've heard, it's supposed to be a kickass ending. Haven't played any other FF games since then. I really need those last two discs. >_>

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
lady said:
yep i love the game i heard the sequel will be interesting tho im not to sure really what its going to be about but its going to be killer. 7 to me was the best FF game

While a remake might happen, there hasn't been any announced. That was just a tech demo for the PS3.

And LPF, does that mean you don't know what happens at the end of Disc 1?

...Just wondering. >_>

lpf
shadowyone said:
lady said:

While a remake might happen, there hasn't been any announced. That was just a tech demo for the PS3.

And LPF, does that mean you don't know what happens at the end of Disc 1?

...Just wondering. >_>

I got to the part where you're with Cid in the plane, but never got much farther. :S Not sure. I just stopped playing after that. Got bored of going incircles. :P

- ± T à z ²

- ± T à z ² Avatar
Tadaima!

Dedicated Member

August 2005
Going around in circles? bah, try playing Ephermial Fantasia or something without a guide or ANY HELP! fookin the hardest RPG game ever to be exisisted. i was on it for months, figuring it out and all.. believe if ur think ur gd at RPGs try complete this. :P and yes i have completed it.

And ff7 kicks ass. ^^

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
It's not a sequel, but lady may have been referring to Advent Children, the film.

chikku

chikku Avatar
Chu ^^!

September 2005
I allways get cheats for Final fantasy =3! I am soooooooooooooooo bad at it so cheats is best for me

Best game im good at is Dance Dance Revolution

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") <Add this bunny to your sig to help him take over the world

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
chikku said:
I allways get cheats for Final fantasy =3! I am soooooooooooooooo bad at it so cheats is best for me

There are no cheats/codes in FF7. Well, with the exception of the W-Item trick, which was really a glitch. Unless you're using GameShark/Action Replay.

FF7 was easy, though. Only a few parts of it were difficult. FF4 kicked my ass on a regular basis, though.

chikku

chikku Avatar
Chu ^^!

September 2005
shadowyone said:
chikku said:

There are no cheats/codes in FF7. Well, with the exception of the W-Item trick, which was really a glitch. Unless you're using GameShark/Action Replay.

FF7 was easy, though. Only a few parts of it were difficult. FF4 kicked my ass on a regular basis, though.

Yush mine too T_T the first FF games where hard X3!

I dunt think i even finishd that FF game -cries-

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") <Add this bunny to your sig to help him take over the world

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
I have FF7 right now! PC version. But the problem is that I need to configure it to match the controller..but they provided no option for changing the controls...T.T

So I had to use the number key-pads to play.
I might actually start FF7 after looking at this thread. I've still got it installed and I've never got out of the city yet...:P

O_o there's going to be a remake?!?!?!

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
No, that was a tech demo for the PS3. They might make one though, but it hasn't been announced.

Edit: Joe, don't you have a PlayStation? If so, get the PS version if you don't like the PC one.

Last Edit: Sept 24, 2005 19:34:57 GMT by Ess Ohh

newBookmarkLockedFalling