Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Boag

Boag Avatar
Yo Yo Ma!

Official Member

September 2005
Quite simply, which of the next-gen consoles are you gonna go for?

- Microsoft X-Box 360
- Sony Playstation 3
- Nintendo Revolution

Personally, i'm goin for the XB360, since one of the most exciting features of the next-gen consoles is the media capabilities - and the XB has a 20 gig hard-drive and years of experience with Microsoft! I can't think of a better company for the job (this coming from a loyal PS2 owner).

- Boag

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
Hopefully all of them in the end :P I want a PS3 first ideally, but as the 360 will be out for so long before then, if there are some games I really want for it I may get it first.

I want to see this rev controller first!

Nicola

Nicola Avatar

Official Member

September 2005
Well I'll probably be getting all three again, but not on the same day of course. I'm not sure if I'm which one I'm going to get first though, probably the Nintendo Revolution. I would of said X-Box 360 but like a show I watched said, "if you really want an X-Box 360 just paint your X-Box white".

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
This generation I'm gonna plan ahead and hope to eventually get all three consoles. I'm definitely not gonna get any of them at launch...I'll wait until each of them has a fairly large library and a significant price drop. It would be pretty cool to own all of 'em. But if I had to pick the order I would get them (based on this gen's console stats):

Nintendo Revolution
--Hopefully to have the best list of exclusive games, and there's always something new and innovative. Only concern as of now is lack of developers who aren't second-party, and if they become too innovative.

Sony PlayStation 3
--Also (usually) good list of exclusives, and its wide variety of developer support should back it up well. One concern is if they're going to stray too far from making it a console (even though the PS2 was a "computer entertainment system").

Microsoft Xbox 360
--Second in third-party support, and usually you'll always want to get the Xbox version of a multiplatform game. I'm concerned of its fairly poor list (in my opinion) of exclusive games. Usually games came out on PS2 and Xbox, PS2 and GCN, or all three. PS2 was always included, meaning that the 360 needs a bigger list of exclusives to come out on top.

lady

lady Avatar

September 2005
i will go after Microsoft X-Box 360
- Sony Playstation 3

because i have never heard of the other one *Blinks* I have some major research to do! ps3 and xbox 360 are hot items for xmas

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
Personally, I'm going for the Sony PS3. The features looks exciting and I like the ideas of extra features being implanted into the Playstation. :D

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
shadowyone said:

Microsoft Xbox 360
--Second in third-party support, and usually you'll always want to get the Xbox version of a multiplatform game.

Ah, but that was with this generation of consoles. The PS3 and 360 are around evenly matched now so it won't be a case of "XB has the better looking multi-format games".

lady said:
ps3 and xbox 360 are hot items for xmas

Yet the PS3 may not even be out 'till Christmas 2006! :P The 360 will be out this christmas, but the PS3 is definitely not till next year.

Boag

Boag Avatar
Yo Yo Ma!

Official Member

September 2005
November 16th I believe is the XB's release date, a massive head start which undoubtedly will get it a lot of sales!

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
jamie85 said:
shadowyone said:

Microsoft Xbox 360
--Second in third-party support, and usually you'll always want to get the Xbox version of a multiplatform game.

Ah, but that was with this generation of consoles. The PS3 and 360 are around evenly matched now so it won't be a case of "XB has the better looking multi-format games".

lady said:
ps3 and xbox 360 are hot items for xmas

Yet the PS3 may not even be out 'till Christmas 2006! :P The 360 will be out this christmas, but the PS3 is definitely not till next year.

If that's the case, then Microsoft better haul ass on getting better exclusives to the system, and matching their third-party support to Sony's, as well, or they might do worse (which still probably wouldn't hurt them, considering the fountains of money they already have).

And yeah, PS3 and the Rev are scheduled for a 2006 release.

Last Edit: Sept 9, 2005 22:33:48 GMT by Ess Ohh

newBookmarkLockedFalling