Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I already have a GameCube, and I'm absolutely satisfied with it, but limiting myself to one console just doesn't feel right. I'm only gonna be getting one, so I have to choose between Xbox and PS2. I think I've almost made up my mind, but I'd like your opinions, too.

I've looked through the game lists of both consoles, and see it like this. Both of them pretty much have the same third-party support (although I guess PS2 has a little more), so the exclusives are gonna be big to my choice.

So, as of now, I can see that PS2 has better exclusives...at least for me. I'm posting this because I guess I'm still not sure, but if I had to choose right now I'd get PS2.

And yeah, I know someone's going to say get PS3/360/Rev, but they're going to be so expensive at launch, and I'm not gonna buy a console based on launch games. Planning to wait a few months for more games and price drops.

So...yeah. Post your opinions, I guess.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
I wouldn't get anything right now. I'd wait for holiday season to come around. I'm thinking the PS2 will drop down to $99.

Personally, I like the Xbox more. But the PS3 has more exclusive games, as you said. So, if I was you, I'd go with the PS2.

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
I have a PS2, and I would want an Xbox. I say if you can get XBL, go for the xbox. Unless you really like MGS, like I do :P

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I don't really like playing online...it's like seeing all the stupid people you usually do, only they're online, nerdier, and tend to try to act tough to cover that up.

Which is why I'm looking for better exclusives. So if anyone can find a lot of good (Xbox) ones, go ahead, but I only managed to find...not that many...at all.

But I heard the slim PS2 overheats quicker, which kinda sucks. I'll have to do more research about that.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
shadowyone said:
I don't really like playing online...it's like seeing all the stupid people you usually do, only they're online, nerdier, and tend to try to act tough to cover that up.

Which is why I'm looking for better exclusives. So if anyone can find a lot of good (Xbox) ones, go ahead, but I only managed to find...not that many...at all.

But I heard the slim PS2 overheats quicker, which kinda sucks. I'll have to do more research about that.

Yeah, it does. If you're going to get a PS2, get a used big one. eBay. XD. Or just a game shop...

FantasticSnowman

FantasticSnowman Avatar
Spark Your Imagination

September 2005
It overheats if you play it 24/7 and never turn it off (when you go eat, outside, watch tv for a while) etc. If you're getting the PS2, then get a slim one.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I don't think they even sell the original in stores anymore, so yeah, I'll have to get a slim one. ...The topic was asking between that and the Xbox. But no one's really said any rebuttals for it, and with the stuff I'm reading, I guess I'll get a slim PS2...or PSTwo, whatever the new model's correct name is.

Hopefully the overheating isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Take it from someone who knows second hand about the slim PS2s. Don't get one.

My cousin worked at a game store. They have a horrible overheating problem. Get a used thick one.

Luke

Luke Avatar

August 2005
X Box. Can't wait for the new 360 to come out.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
luke said:
X Box. Can't wait for the new 360 to come out.

Reason much?

Anyway, if I can find an old PS2 in stores and not online, then I might get that, but if I have to, I'll get the slim one. I heard the slim one doesn't get any (or any at all) DRE's, but I'll see what I can do. Hopefully I'll notice if something's wrong before the warranty expires.

Sasuke

Sasuke Avatar

August 2005
PS2,mainly because it has my favorite game ever for it, Tenchu: Fatal Shadows...you should check it out if you get a PS2,SO ;)

newBookmarkLockedFalling