Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
And by that I mean I finally got a (slimline) PS2. On Saturday, that is.

I figured it like this. The PS2's $150 right now, but the PS3 is on the horizon. Still, there are a lot of unconfirmed features of the PS3. If Sony even puts half of what's being talked about, there's going to be so much unnecessary crap, that the price is going to skyrocket for features I'm not gonna use on a frequent basis, anyway.

The PS2, meanwhile, comes with games I already want, with only a DVD function as an extra.

It was either between that and the Xbox, but I think I already talked about this before.

So yeah, I finally got one. Along with it I got Shadow of the Colossus, Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction, and Star Ocean (3): Till the End of Time. I was gonna get a lot more, but I'd have to pull off something illegal to get that much cash. MGS2/3, Tekken 4/5, SCIII, and GTA:SA are among my to-buy list, as well as the motherload of RPG's the PS2 is known for (if I can find them all...maybe I should start with FFX).

But then I still wanna get Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and XMLII for GC.

I should like, start a petition for things to be free for me or something.

Anyway, for some reason it's not reading my PS1 memory cards, but after I asked around I think I need to use official PS1 mem cards only, which might be the problem. =P

Well, thought you'd all want to know all that. And if you didn't, I already typed all this out, so I can't back out now.

Last Edit: Nov 14, 2005 22:59:17 GMT by Ess Ohh

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
So you've finally joined the PS2 clan?

Well..you could've saved up for a Xbox 360 though... ;)

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
xbox sucks... its made by microsoft... enough sed lol...

welcome to the ps2 clan.. lol ... i am ps2 100% .. and pc lol...

have funn lol

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
admin said:

I thought about that, and then made my choice (even talked about it in the sticky topic, so I don't wanna post it one more time).

I probably could've stuck with the GameCube as I have been doing for a few years now, but I guess I couldn't help it.

And I didn't get an Xbox not because it's "made by Microsoft," but...well, I explained that already, too. =P

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
shadowyone said:
admin said:

I thought about that, and then made my choice (even talked about it in the sticky topic, so I don't wanna post it one more time).

I probably could've stuck with the GameCube as I have been doing for a few years now, but I guess I couldn't help it.

And I didn't get an Xbox not because it's "made by Microsoft," but...well, I explained that already, too. =P

You know, PS2 is owned by Sony. They're a big brand like Microsoft as well.

So isn't that the same? :P

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I said I didn't get the Xbox for other reasons, not because of that. Otherwise I really couldn't be on Windows right now without sounding like a hypocrite.

I got PS2 because, in my opinion (whoa there), it has the same, if not more, third-party support as the Xbox, but has a better selection of exclusive games...except for GCN, but I already have that.

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
linux rules lol... microsoft just suck.. really they do lol

anubis2591

anubis2591 Avatar
I'm a cat.

Official Member

September 2005
bakura said:

That's what I used to think. But the Xbox and the 360 are quite good. They have great games and Xbox Live.

But then again I always get all the consles anyway.

But back to the topic of PS2. There is one game I suggust you get. God of War. It is an amazing game and I loved it. An essential buy for any PS2 owner.

Last Edit: Mar 1, 2006 6:39:39 GMT by anubis2591

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
anubis2591 said:
bakura said:

That's what I used to think. But the Xbox and the 360 are quite good. They have great games and Xbox Live.

But then again I always get all the consles anyway.

But back to the topic of PS2. There is one game I suggust you get. God of War. It is an amazing game and I loved it. An essential buy for any PS2 owner.

I'm looking to get God of War once the price drops. And while I don't really think the Xbox is bad (I would get it if I had enough to spend, so that I would be able to have all the consoles, which would be awesome), I had to choose between the two.

360 is still in its early stages, and doesn't have some big must-have titles yet. Give it a year or so, I would think, 'til it does.

Funny thing, though, I saw Blockbuster had God of War, but it was used and was still going for $45 or so. WTF. I'll check other stores to see if they have a cheap copy that's new.

Last Edit: Mar 1, 2006 23:08:41 GMT by Ess Ohh

anubis2591

anubis2591 Avatar
I'm a cat.

Official Member

September 2005
Well GOW is a very popular game. Usally it takes 5 months for a game to come down to $20 and if I'm not mastaken it already has been 5 months.

The biggest reson I like my Xboxes so much is beacuse of XBL. Basicly Sony can't even come close to making an experence like that.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
True. But I rarely, if ever play online, so that isn't really the biggest issue...for me, anyway.

AI

AI Avatar

Dedicated Member

May 2006
I think PS2 will always be the best console. Only PS3 has a chance to beat it. Microsoft is just bogus at gaming other than the Halo series and Nintendo is losing its touch.

newBookmarkLockedFalling