Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
www.engadget.com/2007/07/05/ps3-price-slashed-to-499-at-least-at-circuit-city/

It's happened. The PS3 will be cut to $499 during E3 (next week, I think).

This is my old account. This is my new account

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Then there's this:

www.engadget.com/2007/07/06/sony-has-no-plans-to-cut-playstation-3-price/

But that's probably a way to lay low until E3. It shouldn't be too hard for Sony to agree on a price cut with Krazy Ken out of the way.

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
Yeah, I saw that story about 5 minutes after they posted it. I think they will cut the price. They need to get more PS3s out there so they can start making money on the games and accessories. They've yet to top 1 million units, something the iPhone could do in it's first week-week and a half for the same price. Sony is in some trouble if they don't cut it.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I'm pretty sure they've already sold over three million units, but a price cut would definitely help out. At least for selling more units, not so much on the profit side of things.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
That won't up sales too much though. Charging 600 initially, 500 now? Still way too much. What happened to the days when consoles were 200 max....

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
shadowyone said:
I'm pretty sure they've already sold over three million units, but a price cut would definitely help out. At least for selling more units, not so much on the profit side of things.

You're right. The stat I was looking at was the PS3 didn't sell that many in its first two months or something and the iPhone did it in its first week.

Zero Insanity

Zero Insanity Avatar
Show Me Ya Moves!

August 2005
Hmm... I remember that Sony's President said that they was going to drop the price around Christmas this year. But they are going to it around E3 so they can sell more Units. $100 lost on the Profit, but they need the Price dropped badly.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
cddude229 said:
That won't up sales too much though. Charging 600 initially, 500 now? Still way too much. What happened to the days when consoles were 200 max....

They never existed? Well, after price drops, maybe, but most were 200 mininum at launch.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
shadowyone said:
cddude229 said:

They never existed? Well, after price drops, maybe, but most were 200 mininum at launch.

You're right. :P I'm thinking hand-held. My bad.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Looks like it's true, Sony's confirmed it, and they announced a new 80 gig bundle with MotorStorm for $600.

Now for the 360 to get a price cut so I might buy one.

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
Apparently the 360 is to get a $50 price cut on the Core and Premium models and another media oriented version being released (The images that are surfacing show it being gray) for slightly less. Won't be totally able to play games though. Announcement should be tonight at the E3 keynot

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Dammit Microsoft, cut your price already so I'll buy your product.

As for the PS3, I guess the price cut is more of a clearance, although there've been so many contradictions on either side no one's sure anymore.

linky linky

Zero Insanity

Zero Insanity Avatar
Show Me Ya Moves!

August 2005
I wish MS would cut there price already! >_<

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
I was surpise to see the price cut for the PS3. I would think it would be over a couple of years before they would do that... still dont plan on going out and buying one.. maybe with a another cut then i think about it.

newBookmarkLockedFalling