Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I bought a PS2. =o Yes, I know the PS3 is out. But I'm cheap and only wanted PS2 games. :P

So yeah, I bought Devil May Cry 1-3 and have a few other games on my list to look at (Time Splitters, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil.) Any other suggestions for games to look at though?

Sasuke

Sasuke Avatar

August 2005
Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
cddude229 said:
I bought a PS2. =o Yes, I know the PS3 is out. But I'm cheap and only wanted PS2 games. :P

So yeah, I bought Devil May Cry 1-3 and have a few other games on my list to look at (Time Splitters, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil.) Any other suggestions for games to look at though?

Might want to rent some of the PS2 Resident Evil games first. 4's on there, but it's also on the Wii, which has the best version, and you've already beaten it for GCN.

As for other games, depends what you're interested in, but Ratchet and Clank, Jak, God of War, GTA, MGS, and something else I can't remember are all reputable series. There's also a crapload of RPG's to choose from, and a lot of games that only have one or two in a series that aren't all that popular (which are most likely RPG's). Case in short, there's a lot of games to choose from, and you just have to do your research and look around.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
What kind of games are you into?

I'll name of a few that i think are rather good games for now.

Mortal Kombat Armageddon, MK Shaolin Monks, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Grand theft Auto Series, God of War 1 & 2, MGS. there is a few to start off with until i know more on what you like.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
FPS, RPG, action/adventure, etc. would be my main interests.

Sasuke: Oh, I forgot to list those. o.o

SO: Yeah, there's a pack of RE4, RE2, and RE: Code Veronica for $30 that my sister is going to buy. :P We bought the PS2 as a joint-interest thing, so it works for that.

And thanks for the suggestions. MGS has definitely caught my attention in the past. I'll most likely just borrow it from my friends who have it instead of buying, but I've heard it's good at least. (And the previews make it look good.)

God of War has also looked good, so I'll look into that. Probably the only one I forgot to mention for me is Soul Calibur 3. Has anyone played it? And if so, how does it compare to SC2?

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
I haven't play SC3 but heard lot ify reviews on it. i heard more bad than good but still not fully sure on it

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
Final Fantasy XII.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
You should try to get Okami too, mad fun D;

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Good call (both Naruto and CJ.)

CJ: Is Okami available in America?

Arucard

Arucard Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Need for speed is another good game. Good racing game

17Godzilla

17Godzilla Avatar

Dedicated Member

October 2005
Being one generation behind has a lot of pros. I've almost always been a generation behind.

It's cheaper, more variety of games, and you know what you're buying.

So good choice getting the PS2
enalia.proboards92.com/index.cgi

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
17godzilla said:
Being one generation behind has a lot of pros. I've almost always been a generation behind.

It's cheaper, more variety of games, and you know what you're buying.

So good choice getting the PS2

Mainly just got it for a few PS1 and PS2 games. Not much interest in the PS3 ones (despite how nice the graphics are.) :P So that's my reason.

newBookmarkLockedFalling