Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Old commercial I seem to be the only person that ever saw :P

Something to the effect of: "I'm someone who chases my dreams. I'm someone who fulfills my goals. Who am I? I'm someone...that works at McDonalds! [bada ba ba ba...i'm lovin' it]"

Last Edit: Jan 3, 2007 2:03:34 GMT by Aaron

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
derfleurer said:

Something to the effect of: "I'm someone who chases my dreams. I'm someone who fulfills my goals. Who am I? I'm someone...that works at McDonalds! [bada ba ba ba...i'm lovin' it]"

There is something seriously wrong if your goal in life is to work at McDonalds. :-/

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
I laughed my ass off when I saw that. But i've been asking around every now and then...for months. I can't find it on google and no one else on Earth appears to have been watching the T.V. at that particular time on that particular channel. :P

Edit: Speaking of which...
youtube.com/watch?v=EG4jiVeTPPg

Last Edit: Jan 3, 2007 2:43:43 GMT by Aaron

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
love the AD!! And McDonalds is my favorite place to eat and hangout with friends - o no wait its KFC.

:P

mrmagoo

mrmagoo Avatar

Official Member

July 2006
lucifer said:
derfleurer said:

There is something seriously wrong if your goal in life is to work at McDonalds. :-/
i gotta say that just depends on what kind of goals you may have. if your goal is to give 100% to your job and to make sure that the McDonalds that you work at is the best around..it makes a difference. although it may not be the popular choice of a place to work nowdays.....it certainly is awesome for kids that are trying to work their way through school,and let me tell ya....you may be surprised at what kind of pay they give. i know of children that make more working at McDonalds than men and women who work elsewhere...even in banks!! McDonalds also offers benefits for their employees...you can't get that is some places of business nowdays. i have two children who work at our McDonalds...they both make almost as much as what i did at my place of work...and i had a desk job. the manager at our McDonalds has been to college,i don't know of the courses taken,but he is one of the best managers I have ever had the pleasure to know...and i am pretty sure he makes more than I will ever make in my lifetime,and the employees love and respect him. sorry to ramble..my point is....it doesn't matter what kind of a job you have in life....it matters what you GIVE to that job. I am not trying to down your opinions...i just hope that everyone knows that it doesn't matter what kind of a job you do,it matters what YOU want to give to that job. to me..there is no job in this world that anyone should be ashamed of...if it is putting food on the table and you give 100% to your job...then to me,you can be proud of what you do,no matter what it is. :) like i said,just my opinions,i am not trying to make anyone mad here.

Salvager

Salvager Avatar

July 2006
it sounds a tiny bit familiar. i don't know why it would be someone's dream to work at McDonalds. Burger King is far better than McDonalds.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
mrmagoo said:
lucifer said:

i gotta say that just depends on what kind of goals you may have. if your goal is to give 100% to your job and to make sure that the McDonalds that you work at is the best around..it makes a difference. although it may not be the popular choice of a place to work nowdays.....it certainly is awesome for kids that are trying to work their way through school,and let me tell ya....you may be surprised at what kind of pay they give. i know of children that make more working at McDonalds than men and women who work elsewhere...even in banks!! McDonalds also offers benefits for their employees...you can't get that is some places of business nowdays. i have two children who work at our McDonalds...they both make almost as much as what i did at my place of work...and i had a desk job. the manager at our McDonalds has been to college,i don't know of the courses taken,but he is one of the best managers I have ever had the pleasure to know...and i am pretty sure he makes more than I will ever make in my lifetime,and the employees love and respect him. sorry to ramble..my point is....it doesn't matter what kind of a job you have in life....it matters what you GIVE to that job. I am not trying to down your opinions...i just hope that everyone knows that it doesn't matter what kind of a job you do,it matters what YOU want to give to that job. to me..there is no job in this world that anyone should be ashamed of...if it is putting food on the table and you give 100% to your job...then to me,you can be proud of what you do,no matter what it is. :) like i said,just my opinions,i am not trying to make anyone mad here.

Doesn't a simple thread about a cheesy commercial deserve an overly emotional paragraph of a response? :P

We're all just kidding around, we're not stupid. Don't try to take everything in life so seriously. ;)

Last Edit: Jan 3, 2007 20:31:55 GMT by Aaron

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
lol true.

mrmagoo

mrmagoo Avatar

Official Member

July 2006
sorry,but i think you missed my whole point. i will be the first to laugh and make fun of a cheesy commercial,but a different post seemed to be making fun of people that have careers at McDonalds,that's what i was referring to. i will try to refrain from now on though. :)

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
i will try to refrain from now on though

I hate when people do that. :P Though i'm sure they weren't serious. Afterall, you wouldn't mock someone's career at McDonalds only to compliment on at Burger King. :P

Last Edit: Jan 4, 2007 22:51:35 GMT by Aaron

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
In-N-Out> Burger King and McDonalds

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Look, I don't think there's really anything wrong with working at McDonalds (for all the reasons mrmagoo mentioned). However, there is nothing glorious about McDonalds nor is there any real knowledge required to work there. Yeah, you have to have people skills and management skills, but college isn't needed. So my point was that it's quite wrong if someone's goal is to work at McDonalds because, quite frankly, it's a job often looked down upon, even among high school students who work there or elsewhere, and there is no real talent or work needed to get there. Well, there is, but I can assure you that it's not nearly as much as it would take to become a physisist, an accountant, banker, lawyer, biologist, historian, police officer, etc.

I hope this makes sense. There's nothing wrong with working at McDonalds, but the question is...why?

newBookmarkLockedFalling