Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
slipstream said:
True but some products are good. IPods are very cool and convenient.

I never said the products are good. Actaully, to be honest, They don't make products to be good. They make products to make money. IF they made products to be good, People wouldn't break htem as much and they wouldn't be returning them or throwing them out, and then buying a new one.
k

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
If the product ain't good to begin with it probably won't sell. And who would want to say buy a cell phone and then keep it for life?? Obviously sometime later u'll want to buy another one. Everything is dynamic. That doesn't mean the first cell phone was bad, now does it?

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Your not getting the point. COMPANIES MAKE THINGS TO BREAK. I am NOT saying its bad, I'm saying they maek it to break so you'll have to buy another one. Look at cars for example. They break down all the time mostly cause car companies purposely make them that way so you'll have to buy another car a few years later.
k

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
I understand what you're saying but it makes no sense.

:P

No Machine (from a cell phone to a car) can last for eternity, Something or the other may very well go wrong - but thats not to say it will always. One of my friends has an old Nokia cell phone, one of the earliest models in Asia --- its been running smoothly for almost 6 years now - no problems.

:)

If a company makes something really awful deliberately and it breaks down rather soon -- on a large scale -- the company's bound to face class-action lawsuits.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I forget when, but some company made a car and they literately made it almost perfect... and they went bankrupt cause the people who bought it didn't need another car for YEARS,
k

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
fredy said:
Your not getting the point. COMPANIES MAKE THINGS TO BREAK. I am NOT saying its bad, I'm saying they maek it to break so you'll have to buy another one. Look at cars for example. They break down all the time mostly cause car companies purposely make them that way so you'll have to buy another car a few years later.

My DVD drive broke down today morning. I am definitely inclined to believe you now.

:)

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I'm not sure if that was sarcasm or not :P lol
k

Mithras

Mithras Avatar

Studio Member

July 2006
I don't think that companies actually say "Well, we could make this work forever, but we're just going to make it last for 2 years." Anything that has moving parts will eventually break due to friction.

Support Rob Scuderi, the #1 Penguins Defender!

lucifer said:
"Behold: me! I have authority in this building."

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
fredy said:
I'm not sure if that was sarcasm or not :P lol

no man no sarcasm.

:D

funniest thing happened, we were out at this club with frnds for hangin out and my cell developed a glitch as in for like 10 minutes I cudnt make any calls. And the first word that comes out of my mouth is "FREDY!" - lmao! Everyone's like WTF?? I'm like no I said "STUPID CELLY!"

:P

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
LOL I've cursed you :P lol
k

newBookmarkLockedFalling