Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I've known this for years and years, but it still...it bothers me. Like, what were the first people who made artificial grape flavoring thinking? Did they try to make it taste like grape, but fail and sold it anyway? Were they trying to trick people, or did they just like being jerks?

I can let the other artificial flavors go 'cause they're not as bad, but it's like...grape. What happened?

Yes I don't know why I thought about this.

Last Edit: Feb 3, 2007 5:22:02 GMT by Ess Ohh

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
Maybe too much wine went to their heads when they made the first artificially-flavored product?? Anyways, I agree. Tropicana Grape Juice tastes nothing like GRAPES. :)

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
Well, the thing with grapes is, unlike many other fruits, grapes are incredibly diverse when it comes to taste. "Grape-flavor" can range from a sour green grape to a black grape taste. In addition, the grape scent is much smaller than other fruits (such as orange). I can probably smell oranges from my backyard if I was out there right now, but the same doesn't go for when I visit grape vines.

The only three flavors that ever made sense to me where cherry, lemon, and orange artificial flavors. Things like grape flavor or banana flavor taste very vague and hard to define as grape of banana, respectively.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Hmm. I think it depends on what it is exactly that's flavored grape. To me, some of it actually does taste close enough to actual grapes, whereas you're right and some do not.

My tastebuds are really sensitive, so I can automatically detect almost any flavor artificial or natural. *shrugs*

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
It's funny because I can actually personally relate to one of SO's topics. :D

I know some grape is bad, but that damned Children's Dimatap (sp? -- it's a cold medicine) has actually triggered my gag reflex. Luckly, I was only full of water at the time.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Dude, grape juice is awful. It's like cough medicine in juice form. Or maybe it is cough medicine and they were too lazy to put some juice into it.

Fjörynn

Fjörynn Avatar
My fingers can touch -anything- but them selves

Official Member

November 2006
Most of it does taste like wine wich does not help XD since i'm trying to stop drinking the fact I get somthing that reminds me of wine does not help. But since britany got on my case about drinking I have quite, she wants a healthy sober boyfriend :D

But meh, it's a question I am bothered with a lot...

Sunjo

Sunjo Avatar

Official Member

February 2007
I agree.. it tastes nothing like real grapes.
But everything else tastes like it should.. odd.

Playing in the dirt
We find the seeds of doubt
Don't water them with your tears
Don't think about all the years
You'd rather be without

tenkabuto

tenkabuto Avatar

January 1970
I don't go near grape stuff, so I agree, but then again wouldn't know.

dreamseeker
I admit barely anything tastes like grape, except for grapes; however, I haven't grown attached to that artificial grape flavour. =P

newBookmarkLockedFalling