Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
I'm not sure about this one. Logically, u die and then go poof! Body decomposes and that's it for you. But, people believe in the afterlife and Bardo and all? What does everyone think??

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
No one knows.

But I would like to meet this Bardo person.

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
Personally, I believe in reincarnation. I believe in a strange form of it, but it is reincarnation nonetheless
This is my old account. This is my new account

jongos

jongos Avatar

Male

December 2005
I believe it is the end.
Thanks, Kay!

Mithras

Mithras Avatar

Studio Member

July 2006
I believe that this is another one of those things (like what's at the end of the universe) that make my head hurt, and thus, I don't think about them :P

However, as a Catholic, I do believe that we go to Heaven, Purgatory, or Hell after death, and that you body is just a temporary storage facility.

Support Rob Scuderi, the #1 Penguins Defender!

lucifer said:
"Behold: me! I have authority in this building."

Kai

Kai Avatar

Official Member

September 2005
It's the end.
Religion should be put back in its place - beneath man, not above him.

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
SO the bardo person has crossed to the other shore.

Related to this, what is your take on spirits and ghosts? If we really do cross over and don't die then why do these entities supposedly persist to finish some business or haunt or whatever?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
It's the end. Your brain is what keeps you alive (or, well, what controls the organs that keep you alive). When it stops, you stop. Thus, you die. End of story. People like to believe in souls, but most people also believe animals don't have souls (which wouldn't make sense--if one biological lifeform has a soul, then shouldn't all?). That belief alone points directly towards nothing more than a survival instinct kicking in. I know one of the main reasons people believe in a soul (other than the want to survive) is because of unexplainable phenomenons such as love. Love, however, is nothing more than a sort of euphoric effect triggered by a release of certain chemicals in your brain. But because you can't see it and you know it's there, the "logical" explaination is that it's part of a soul rather than part of a bodily function which you cannot comprehend.

Yeah, when you kick the bucket, it's over.

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
well said :D

Kahless™

Kahless™ Avatar
Coding noob

October 2005
once the electrical and chemical signals in your brain stop then you are dead, theyre interaction is what you are thats all.
"In the end, we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." Martin Luther King

Amanda

Amanda Avatar
Amanda baby!

March 2007
I fully believe this isn't the end.

Mademoiselle Danica-Christine

Mademoiselle Danica-Christine Avatar
"After tonight will you remember how sweet & tenderly you reached for me & pulled me closer...?"

March 2007
I believe that everything in the entire universe is made by God Almighty. He is real, weither we believe in Him or not. I believe that when we die we either go to Heaven or Hell - the choice is ours. If we accepted Christ, we go to Heaven; if not - we go to Hell.

Please note, I'm not trying to "destraught" anybody's beliefs, I'm just stating mine.

Thank you, interesting thread.

"Mariah...oh, Mariah."

(¯`•DregondRahl•._)

(¯`•DregondRahl•._) Avatar
Remanifesting-Eternal

Dedicated Member

September 2006
There's this quote from an old scroll in Egypt that translates to this :

Tana leaves
Scroll of Thoth
Oh Amon Ra
Oh God of Gods
Death is but a door way to new life
We live today and shall live again
In many forms we shall return

I kinda believe that :P

Amanda

Amanda Avatar
Amanda baby!

March 2007
It's so refreshing to see a board where a discussion on this subject doesn't instantly turn into a war.

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
Na lol we've had our share of wars :P

I personally don't believe in GOD and on him creating the world -- who created him then? its the chicken or egg again. But, Death is something I can't say I'm entirely certain of. (although I'm inclined to believe that we all live with one foot in the grave - once both are in it that's the end).

newBookmarkLockedFalling