Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Moose

Moose Avatar

August 2005
It's hard imo. There are so many things crashing down on our youth these days. Whatever happened to hanging out with dad and throwing the pigskin? Technology, homework, friends, boyfriend/girlfriend are all dominating teens today. I find it sad because multitasking is difficult and can hold you back from what you want to do or just depress you. It's not good to always have something to do. I feel parents need to stop putting so much pressure on their kids. All the multitasking is bound to trap the kid if he or she can't handle it. They will start to give up on everything, hang out with new people who aren't good for them, and make stupid choices. I think the stress put on today's teens needs to be evaluated, and parents need to lower expectations, and kids need to relax. My two cents. Seriously though how many times have you asked me to write a code or do something and it took forever because I was busy? I want to hear your thoughts on stress and multitasking.

Greg says:
Coding music...
Greg says:
Hmm...
Greg says:
I wouldn't rule it out. :P
Chris 3.0 [New features? Yes.] says:
:P
Greg says:
If you think about machine code it's a bunch of 1s and 0s
Anything is possible.
Greg says:
Yeah try to code Metallica
:P Yeah, I'll get right on that... right after I learn to fly.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I can easily see how multitasking can be hard, but I've never had trouble with it. I'm extremely good at handling stress, so those things never bothered me.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Usually I can handle all those said things, and more...but as of lately, I haven't been able to balance my time or anything. I think it's my lack of desire to do much these days.

Last Edit: Feb 23, 2007 3:23:21 GMT by Kay

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Actually, come to think of it, I get exhausted quite easily. So when I'm doing a lot, even if it isn't physical, I get drained (which made my cold (not mono, by the way) so much worse before). So I can cope fine with doing stuff, but once I have free time, I spend it sleeping or just laying around.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I'd rather focus on one thing on a time, but then I get distracted and start doing other things, which I guess is my form of multitasking.

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
I'm pretty good at multi-tasking -- I'd always do Math problems while watching TV and chatting on MSN. I think it really sharpens the brain by activating multiple regions simultaneously.

newBookmarkLockedFalling