Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
It's a sad sad thing to have happened! :(

What is most horrific is the fact that there was absolutely no semblance of any effective security system in place -- any random person could get in without so much as being frisked or checked! :(

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
for anyone who doesn't know about this here is a link to the bbc news page

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6563565.stm

Personally, i think schools/colleges/universitys are not secure enough... although how can we make these places secure without making the pupils/students feel like they are in prison? our school when i was there (this is going back 4 or 5 years now) gave the impression of a prison... i mean we had high fence's everywhere with barbed wire on top fence's around the playing fields around the buildings etc.. bars on the windows security by all entrances when there was bomb scares around the news in our area.

tbh there really isn't a solution that isn't going to effect our children or friends because it truely for me was like growing up in a prison.

SF™

SF™ Avatar
The Transporter

Dedicated Member

April 2007
This is terrible .... What a psycho

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
there really must be some serious psychologic problems with people that do this... i mean if you had a gun in your hand would you really be able to aim at someone innocent and pull the trigger? i know i wouldn't

SF™

SF™ Avatar
The Transporter

Dedicated Member

April 2007
I wouldnt be able to unless i was paid A LOT ;) hehe i know thats cruel

Fury Of The Storm

Fury Of The Storm Avatar
The Only Thing Necessary For Evil To Triumph Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!

August 2005
This is sad I saw this on CNN last night, And i am still shocked :(

My thoughts and prayers go out to the ppl who's loved ones have passed on!

Quacker!

Quacker! Avatar
Rawr.

Official Member

August 2006

The other one was the killer and I am glad he is dead. I don't count him as a person, he is a sick being.

Last Edit: Apr 17, 2007 21:35:27 GMT by Quacker!

flux.exe

flux.exe Avatar

Banned

April 2007
Truly tragic. My thoughts are with the families of the deceased and may the deceased rest in peace.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Liviu Librescu, 76, an engineering science and mechanics lecturer. He was born in Romania, immigrated to Israel in 1978 and moved to Virginia in 1985.

An Israeli citizen, he had taught at Virginia Tech for 20 years and was internationally known for his work in aeronautical engineering.

"His research has enabled better aircraft, superior composite materials, and more robust aerospace structures," said Ishwar Puri, the head of the engineering science and mechanics department.

Librescu's son, Joe, said his father's students sent e-mails detailing how the professor saved their lives by blocking the doorway of his classroom from the approaching gunman before he was fatally shot.

“My father blocked the doorway with his body and asked the students to flee,” Joe Librescu said from his home outside of Tel Aviv. “Students started opening windows and jumping out.”

That's one of the victims...it's bone chilling to know that he used his own body as a shield. *shakes head sadly* Heart wrenching, that it is. But in some ways, he died a hero. He saved about a dozen more lives.

So far there's 20 of the victims identified here.

Also, it still hasn't been technically confirmed by police that the first victim was his girlfriend, but there's a witness that reports that the gunman and his girlfriend did indeed get into a quarrel. Upon shooting her, the dorm RA came into the room to see what happened, and he shot him/her too. Which is when he took off on his rampage of shooting all the rest of the victims. But that's still un-confirmed by the police. I can only find reports from newscast places, but none say that the police have confirmed, just a witness (that's also un-confirmed to be legit) that's stepped forward.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
It's sick people who do shit like this. It's just strange to think that this could have happened anywhere though. I find the lack of their order to prevent others from dying though. According to one thing I read, they sent out a freaking e-mail instead of using the indoor-outdoor PA system on campus. That's rather ridiculous if you ask me. I'm not sure how true that fact is however.

And to touch on what Yami said, my school's a bit more secure. All of our doors require a keycard to open 'em. :P

Last Edit: Apr 18, 2007 0:54:02 GMT by Chris

flux.exe

flux.exe Avatar

Banned

April 2007
Yes, it is sad that the institution didn't take better care of this. The second shooting could have been prevented if the right steps were taken...

Fury Of The Storm

Fury Of The Storm Avatar
The Only Thing Necessary For Evil To Triumph Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!

August 2005
All this happened in Montreal, Canada at the college...and they said that he was listening to a Megadeth song called "A Tout Le Monde" which means "To All The People" and there's a chorus which goes "A Tout Le Monde, A Tout Mes Amis, Je Vous Aime, Je Doit Parti!" which means "To All The People, To All My Friends, I Love You, I Must Leave!" so I went to the Gigantour in Montreal, and Megadeth frontman, told the crowd about what happened at the college and that the shooter had no feelings from Megadeth towards him...and he dedicated the song to the ones who passed on, it was an emotional night! As everyone was singing along

but whatever back on topic, I know this is worse then what happened in Montreal, and it pisses me off that people do this shit, they must have sick twisted minds.

Blade

Blade Avatar

Official Member

August 2005
Very sad indeed. All those innocent people killed for absolutely no reason.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
This is very sad things like this should never happen. My thoughts are with the families of the deceased and may the deceased rest in peace.

flux.exe

flux.exe Avatar

Banned

April 2007
I just watched an interview with the killer's roommates. Very freaky indeed.

newBookmarkLockedFalling