Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Zero Insanity

Zero Insanity Avatar
Show Me Ya Moves!

August 2005
I feel unsafe going to Virginia now, I hope there isn't more psycho in Virginia. One of my family members goes there and I hope that he isn't dead, I would cry to death. :'(

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
My thoughts are with all the families that have lost someone they loved.

Truly Tragic. And scary at the same time. WHo knows what triggers off kids like that. To think that the person standing next to you could pull out a gun and shoot you - damn. How do we foretell? How do we predict who's gonna do this kind of a macabre act>?

That campus is almost 2600 acres. It was really unwise to not have an effective security system in place. :-/

Fury Of The Storm

Fury Of The Storm Avatar
The Only Thing Necessary For Evil To Triumph Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!

August 2005
slipstream said:
That campus is almost 2600 acres. It was really unwise to not have an effective security system in place. :-/

They'll have one in place now, after this incident will have problably blaming themselves for not having one in place

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
I hope they do.

Mithras

Mithras Avatar

Studio Member

July 2006
This is unfortunate, but before we start arguing about what should have happened, you have to look at this from the University's side. With a school of 25,000 a single shooting is bound to happen. That's what they thought happened, so they just locked down the dorm, and when they didn't find the gunman, they assumed that he fled the school. I agree that they should have searched the campus, but it's a big campus (2,600 acres), and it would take a lot of cops a long time to search it.

Support Rob Scuderi, the #1 Penguins Defender!

lucifer said:
"Behold: me! I have authority in this building."

jongos

jongos Avatar

Male

December 2005
quacker said:

The other one was the killer and I am glad he is dead. I don't count him as a person, he is a sick being.

I agree.

Some people are just so screwed in the head.
Thanks, Kay!

Nate

Nate Avatar

April 2007
Appearantly he killed 2 people and for two hours was making a videeo that he sent to CNN and then he went to kill all of the others and himself, CNN received the video this morning I think.

flux.exe

flux.exe Avatar

Banned

April 2007
Anyone who tapes himself to talk about killing and refers to himself as Jesus is mad.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
He may've been mad, mentally ill, but nonetheless none of us know if he was a bad person. He could've been a good person, that did something horrible.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
quacker said:

The other one was the killer and I am glad he is dead. I don't count him as a person, he is a sick being.

Agreed.

kay said:
He may've been mad, mentally ill, but nonetheless none of us know if he was a bad person. He could've been a good person, that did something horrible.

Well then doing such makes him a bad person.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I heard about how in his videos he sent to NBC he went on rants and tirades about rich kids and stuff.

I was gonna mention Liviu Librescu but I can see Kay already did that. Still, he was just outright brave and heroic for those students. I mean, the man survived the Holocaust and Ceausescu's regime, too.

But back to the topic, I don't care who you are and what your beliefs are, but killing 32 people because of hating rich kids is beyond any and all form of rational thought.

It seems he's always been crazy. I remember hearing he used to stalk these two girls, and I'm pretty sure I know he was labeled as a "threat to himself" by some psychiatrist at one point or another.

Also, I don't know how reputable this is since I'd imagine major places like CNN to talk about it, but apparently Cho's father killed himself, and his mother tried to, also. Well...reportedly.

english.chosun.com/w21data/html/news/200704/200704180028.html

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
mithras said:
This is unfortunate, but before we start arguing about what should have happened, you have to look at this from the University's side. With a school of 25,000 a single shooting is bound to happen. That's what they thought happened, so they just locked down the dorm, and when they didn't find the gunman, they assumed that he fled the school. I agree that they should have searched the campus, but it's a big campus (2,600 acres), and it would take a lot of cops a long time to search it.

yes, but that is no excuse not to have had a significantly sophisticated security network in place. Had that been in place, things may have turned out differently. Out of the 32 killed, if even one more could've been saved - even that would have made a difference.

And I am inclined to agree with Kay and Shadowyone both of u.

We don't really know what triggered him off = he may not have been a bad person really. Right now, all everyone is doing is putting bits and pieces together and speculatiing why he did this.

Then again, as SO said, doing what he did goes beyond a rational human being -- seems almost pyschotic and insane.

RS

RS Avatar

Dedicated Studio Member

February 2007
All I have to say is that his/her family :'(

Fury Of The Storm

Fury Of The Storm Avatar
The Only Thing Necessary For Evil To Triumph Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!

August 2005
Very sad, Indeed, I just wonder what's going to happen now, once everything is back to normal, which might not be normal for some people, but all you can do is hope for the best

Mithras

Mithras Avatar

Studio Member

July 2006
The one thing that I hate most is how people think that they can't go anywhere near Virginia now. I was talking with my mom about colleges that I was thinking about, and I said VT, and she was like "OMG! Why would you want to go to such a horrible place!?" Despite this isolated incident, Virginia Tech is still a really good school, and just because of this one event, people shouldn't avoid it forever :-/

Support Rob Scuderi, the #1 Penguins Defender!

lucifer said:
"Behold: me! I have authority in this building."

flux.exe

flux.exe Avatar

Banned

April 2007
mithras said:
The one thing that I hate most is how people think that they can't go anywhere near Virginia now. I was talking with my mom about colleges that I was thinking about, and I said VT, and she was like "OMG! Why would you want to go to such a horrible place!?" Despite this isolated incident, Virginia Tech is still a really good school, and just because of this one event, people shouldn't avoid it forever :-/

Because of this incident, V-Tech will probably be one of the safest schools now.

newBookmarkLockedFalling