Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
Expect China to do something crazy every year. This year its the problems in Tibet. And the repurcussions worldwide are being seen through the eyes of the protesters in almost every country the olympic torch is travelling through. In England, it almost got screwed. In France, the flame got doused. :P USA is next.

DO you think these protests worldwide validate the statement that Tibet is trying to make? Is this the best way for achieving independence?

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I actually haven't been following this all that much... but the fact it even got doused is a very bad sign. o.o

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
If there is a protest in the Detroit area, I am there. The situation in Tibet is horrendous and the fact that China denounced Bush (uh... again) for speaking with the Dahli Lama (sp?) is ridiculous.

And I would go and protest their working conditions, air quality, political movements (athletes not being allowed to blog and countries having to threaten athletes with lifetime bans from the Olympics for speaking out about China's government is... insane)

So yeah. If anyone hears of a protest near Detroit, let me know. I'll make a sign and go down there.
This is my old account. This is my new account

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
It's interesting now that how they've hidden the torch for the San Fransisco route...I'd expect better of the organizers..it really has bewildered the supporters.

Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

richardgary1223
Ya! And also, it is a bad sign of political oppression. ;)

tcm

tcm Avatar

Studio Member

January 2008
I've never liked China's ethnic policies. Killing dolphins and dogs for food the way they do is really sad. Also I read something about how they started rounding up all stray cats, and even buying some cats from their owners to be put down (inhumanly of course), as an attempt to pretty up the city for the Olympics.

Grace Elaine [Epic Century]

Grace Elaine [Epic Century] Avatar
It's easy to see with out Looking too far that not much is really sacred

February 2008
And in latest news, they are shutting down all factories to clean up the air.

turtle

turtle Avatar
Meh.

Official Member

April 2008
What I don't understand, is how, although there are problems in tibet, something much closer to the olympics is being ignored that would probably gain more support for a boycott, and that is the destruction of people's homes in order to build things for the olympics in China.
Discussion Time ~ A debate forum.

newBookmarkLockedFalling