Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Well, then perhaps it is. The fact remains, however, that despite how good some b-sides may be, I believe that Believe was a step in the right direction musically and it's quite obvious that their third album was much more aggressive while still maintaining the brilliance of Believe, so it worked. And now they're making it even darker with Indrestructable. Seriously, though, Believe has many of my favorite songs.

Prayer, Liberate, Believe, Remember, Mistress, and Bound are all amazing songs. And, in my opinion, sometimes the track Darkness is perfect when you're just having one of those days or in a funk. It's soothing as hell.

Rachel

Rachel Avatar

December 2007
Well, don't know if you guys like foreign music but here's a german band. Nope, not Tokio Hotel. The band's called Panik! and it's kind of a mix of Rock and Hip Hop. You may also research for them under the name Nevada Tan. They were known since 2006 with that name but now changed it again to Panik!. The name they had before they got assigned to a major label. A few links:

Was würdest du tun?
Revolution
Vorbei
Positiv
Ein Neuer Tag

And Another german band :P : Oomph

Augen Auf
Träumst Du
Das Letzte Streichholz

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
Why would they change their name to Panik!? Seems like a copycat case of Panic! at the Disco.
This is my old account. This is my new account

Rachel

Rachel Avatar

December 2007
They had that name before they got a major label record. Now they got troubles with their major label and changed the name back.

What's Panic! at the Disco like?

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
Panic! at the Disco is... well, they're different. Not my thing at all but they are and have been quite popular here for about a year-two years now.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panic_at_the_disco
www.myspace.com/panicatthedisco

Rachel

Rachel Avatar

December 2007
Thanks for the links Josh

Naeem

Naeem Avatar

Official Member

April 2008
I don't listen to Rock. I'm a hip-hop guy.

There aren't many Hip-Hop groups really coming out into the open... nowadays it's just solo artists making their mark. Then again, I guess there aren't a whole lot of solo rockers in the industry eh?

Rachel

Rachel Avatar

December 2007
nope, don't think so. Rock is more related to groups/bands, that's the image I have of Rock. Solo artists as rockers... I just know a german one but no one has heard from him in ages.

Well, I know a german band which makes music in Hip Hop style but mixes it with some other styles. The band's Rapsoul.

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
Even with solo artists such as Ozzy, Manson, Chris Cornell, etc. it is a band going by the name of the lead singer. More often than not, the band tours with the singer and creates more than one album together. There really isn't a "Solo artist" in rock anymore like there was in the days of Elvis or Billy Joel or... I'm out of ideas atm. lol

Rachel

Rachel Avatar

December 2007
lol, yeah. There're aren't solo rock aritsts anymore. Evolution is bad for Rock solo artists XD

newBookmarkLockedFalling