Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
So today, I went to the local BMX track and decided to try it out (I had never been on it). My buddy had a mountain bike (I had already tried it a couple times on a BMX bike) and I decided to give it a go on that. I went over a jump and thought "Hey, this is sort of bouncy. I'll try to get some real air on the next one." So I did. I totally racked my balls. It was pretty funny just because I was like "Sweet! ...shit!" Yeah, BMX, rollerblading, skateboarding, walking swiftly--not my kinds of activities.

Grace Elaine [Epic Century]

Grace Elaine [Epic Century] Avatar
It's easy to see with out Looking too far that not much is really sacred

February 2008
If it was a full suspension, you can launch so hard off a BMX track that it's really not safe. The bike is so big and so heavy that you have to man handle it to make sure you're coming down on the landing ramp.

I raced bmx up until about three years ago when I go in an accident that almost cost me my life. After that I decided that I would stick to the less dangerous, just as fun stuff. Still race bikes though, race a thing called cyclocross. It's a mix between road racing and mountain biking, and requires you to be fast not only on the bike, but getting on/off as well as running.

I also race road and mountain, but my main discipline is 'Cross.

Sucks about your balls dude, I used to do that every now and then, but it was generally on the rear tire.

Also, look out for those pedals, they'll kill you if you aren't used to running your shins down them.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Sounds like my uncle. :P He raced motocross until he fell wrong and broke his leg in like 4 places. My aunt chewed him out so bad... but yeah, totally sucks to hear that. But I'm sure power walking is a healthier (and less injury-prone) activity?

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
Yeah, I love playing soccer. I hate the pain that comes with it. Hour and a half scrimmage tonight. List of injuries:
-Two open blisters. One on each foot.
-Soreness in my upper body from throw ins
-Sorness in thighs from running
-Jammed finger
-Bruised rib from an elbow thrown my way

w00t for dumb pain
This is my old account. This is my new account

February 2008
Me and christy played hockey last night in the basement on blades. I got muffed. the floor had dust on it and I was trying to rail while I turned and went in to the nice, unpadded concrete wall. I should do something about that...

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Football... well, ok, I don't get injured. :P But I concussed one person this year, twisted two other ankles, and recently found out I was responsible for this one kid who got sent to the hospital. (Joint soccer team with their school, so I found out that way.) So yeah... I just inflict 'em.

However, I've managed to hurt myself in track if that counts. :P Don't even ask how.

Jordan

Jordan Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
Chris Avatar
However, I've managed to hurt myself in track if that counts. :P Don't even ask how.
I spiked myself right in a blood vein on my ancle in track while doing high jump...I didn't even notice until somebody told me blood was squirting out every time I took a step.

So you aren't alone there. :P

I'd honestly rather have that than get hit in the balls though because it wasn't painful so that sucks balls for you Lucifer.

Last Edit: Apr 21, 2008 1:07:06 GMT by Jordan

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar

How? ???

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Jordan Avatar
Chris Avatar
I spiked myself right in a blood vein on my ancle in track while doing high jump...I didn't even notice until somebody told me blood was squirting out every time I took a step.

So you aren't alone there. :P

I'd honestly rather have that than get hit in the balls though because it wasn't painful so that sucks balls for you Lucifer.

Well... I wasn't even wearing spikes at the time. :P See my reply to Luci below for the full story.

Lucifer Avatar
Chris Avatar

How? ???

:P I've pretty much partially pulled a groin muscle (if that's possible) throwing shotput. It's because of the explosion movement, and apparently I wasn't fully stretched... but hey, it got me a personal best. So, who cares? :P (Ironically, shortly after said injury my 100m time dropped a total of .4s and my 200m dropped close to 1s... Groin injuries = good? And by shortly after, I mean the next 3 meets.)

So yeah, I injured myself in track and have only like twisted my ankle in football. (I'm consist on that... twice every year! Despite tape!)

February 2008
Perhaps the tearing of the groin muscle strengthened it in the way that tearing in your biceps as a result of doing bench presses makes it stronger, thus resulting in a faster time.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Luci, how many times have I told you to leave the physical activities to Chris? Pssh.

Last Edit: Apr 27, 2008 6:45:25 GMT by Kay

Jordan

Jordan Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
Perhaps the tearing of the groin muscle strengthened it in the way that tearing in your biceps as a result of doing bench presses makes it stronger, thus resulting in a faster time.
Haha, good thought.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005

Maybe... but wouldn't it have to fully heal first? :P

Jordan

Jordan Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
Chris Avatar

Maybe... but wouldn't it have to fully heal first? :P
It probably just takes a day or two, but I have no idea. You may just be uber awesome at life. ???

Last Edit: May 1, 2008 22:34:48 GMT by Jordan

newBookmarkLockedFalling