Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
Next in our series is a discussion on that inevitable slump that every forum-er faces once or more. Has everything that can be said and done, already been said and done? Is there no novelty left? No excitement? Nothing new? Forums are dropping dead all over as activity dwindles and our minds wander. How often have you been bitten by the slump bug?

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Ah yes, i have been bitten more than once. Its hard to see some of the most active sites around there start to lose their activity and members, its sad to see.

I think now a days its hard to make a new and exciting forum. Most everyone is copy each other on the type of forum. Look at how many Coding/Graphics sites are out there. If you every google you'll be >_>....<_< on which one to pick.

As time goes on out minds start to wander for more new and fresh things to keep us entertain. My self i have a couple rather successful site and things will be doing fine, then all of a sudden members leave to go do things and never hear a word from the again.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I think Studio Zero knows exactly what this is like. We've had many, have we not? I remember i had a leave of absence, and i got yelled at when i returned because like no one was posting anymore <_<... >_>
k

fireindy

fireindy Avatar

Official Member

May 2007
I think once the next big thing comes out like Harry Potter or Spiderman right now, something big, comes out, there will be more activity. Like (¯`•Arucard•._) said, all the forums are becoming the same. We have to wait until the next wave of big hit movies or entertainment come out so people will start flocking to them:P Thats what I think.

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
The next wave huh? :) hold on to that thought. :D

tenkabuto

tenkabuto Avatar

January 1970
Heh, that's why you hardly ever see me in the Members Online box, here. This is one of very few Proboards I visit. Most of the time I'm on Gaia. >.>

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I've got that slump myself recently. I'm starting to find posting a bit more entertaining, but it's nothing overwhelming in enjoyability like it used to be back at Hatake. Oh well, there's not much you can do.

RS

RS Avatar

Dedicated Studio Member

February 2007
Mostly , Well in my mind some forums are like this : release big skin , Big , Happy , wow , activity for couple of weeks or month but suddenly starts to slow and slow and slow , so u get shocked , and be sad and why did i open the forum or why i worked so hard on the skin etc...

This how a forum is unless u work your ass off , u won't achieve anything , u need to go out there and bring the activity to the members and the forum so it could at least work :)

Especially for new forums that are competing with some huge forums ;D

Moose

Moose Avatar

August 2005
Yeah only for like an entire year... none of my online friends like me anymore. :(

And... I don't know any of the new people. :P Am also too busy to get on and have ran out of ideas for codes. :P
Greg says:
Coding music...
Greg says:
Hmm...
Greg says:
I wouldn't rule it out. :P
Chris 3.0 [New features? Yes.] says:
:P
Greg says:
If you think about machine code it's a bunch of 1s and 0s
Anything is possible.
Greg says:
Yeah try to code Metallica
:P Yeah, I'll get right on that... right after I learn to fly.

Fury Of The Storm

Fury Of The Storm Avatar
The Only Thing Necessary For Evil To Triumph Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!

August 2005
I've been up and down, activity usually gets up for a month or 2 once I release a new skin, but after that it gets back to normal, like 30 posts a day, usually to the like 150

but I have done pretty good and Im not gonna give up on it, nearing 300 members but whatever, It's not like it hasn't happened for everybody else

newBookmarkLockedFalling