Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Moscow Sniper Shooting

For those that are too lazy to read the article, it's said that Hamilton started his rampage at his own house by shooting his own wife, Crystal Hamilton. Then two officers, a civilian and the caretaker of the church he was employed at. One officer and the civilian are currently in the hospital recovering, but one officer, the caretaker, and his wife are all dead. When police got close, just like in most situations, he turned the gun on himself.

That's not too far from home, for me. 80 miles south. After listening to a newscast on this whole ordeal, there's been plenty of signs that point that the suspect had a violent history. He even served 160 day sentence in the county jail, but the court dismissed 90 days, with a 2 year probation and counseling. Seeing as he was just arrested in February of this year for attempting suicide...they should've done something more.

This hits me because yet again, this all could've been avoided. His attempting suicide and getting arrested was a violation of his probation. ...yet I'm assuming they didn't take any action. And the fact that he managed to have two weapons, means something.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Ok. Anyone else notice a pattern with these shootings?

1. All in the states
2. All have depression/mental problems
3. All have 1 or more guns
4. All go on shooting rampage
5. WTF.
k

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Oi. I sometimes wonder if these people are doing this just to know that they'll get their name in the papers and maybe history books. =/

Kay

Kay Avatar

Ghost Admin

August 2005
fredy said:

1. All in the states
5. WTF.

...I noticed it. Which is why I'm not liking that an almost 17-year-old high school girl can see all these signs, yet the authorities and government don't? Something's wrong there.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
fredy said:

1. All in the states
5. WTF.

What? :P Of course they have "mental" problems or they wouldn't go on a rampage. And of course they went on a shooting with one or more guns. I'd be amazed to see otherwise.

And no, this isn't "all in the states." You just hear about it more over here. Then there are the daily bombings and shootings in schools and every public area imaginable in other areas of the world.

And to break it down further, what do you mean by "all?" There are alot of people with mental illnesses. But in that list you include every one of them in the shootings. Or by "all" are you referring to everyone involved in a shooting? 'cause if that's the case we need not be redundant; let's just cut out 3 and 4 entirely. Of course (and I say again) all the shooters had guns. And of course all the shooters went on shooting rampages.

The "signs" are a lot deeper than "this small group of individuals had guns and mental illnesses."

Last Edit: May 22, 2007 2:10:39 GMT by Aaron

fireindy

fireindy Avatar

Official Member

May 2007
You have to think what the world is coming too. There has been all these shooting recently, and I dont know about you, but Im kind of tired of them. Why cant everyone just live happily together:) WEll I guess everyone cant, because we all have different opinions. But I feel the pain for the ones who lost people in this shooting, just because we all should because they are fellow human beings. This is getting out of control.

I dont usually rant like this, but I felt that I need to post it :)

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
kay said:

...I noticed it. Which is why I'm not liking that an almost 17-year-old high school girl can see all these signs, yet the authorities and government don't? Something's wrong there.

Starts to make you think who should be running the gov't. I mean if kids at the age of 15 younger or old can figure this out and these older adults can't, maybe we should put the kids in charge maybe these things wont happen again.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
lol Aaron....

I could go on a shooting right now and it doesn't mean i have mental problems :P And by metal problems, I'm not referring to mentally challenged... i mean like.... depression... and bullying and stuff.

And hen you say all the other daily shootings in all the other countries your including..... over 150 countries.... When we're talking about the states, we're talking about one country that has been having a ridiculous amount of IN SCHOOL shootings lately.

And obviously I'm talking about the people that actually go on shootings... lol :P

oh yes. Funny fact of the day. The ratio of Total Canadians, to Americans in mental institutions is 1:1 LOL :P
k

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
I could go on a shooting right now and it doesn't mean i have mental problems :P

Really? I'd love for you to explain to me how that one works out.
And by metal problems, I'm not referring to mentally challenged... i mean like.... depression... and bullying and stuff.

I know. And yet, that really narrows it down? "Bullying" is just an action that can result in alot more "illnesses" than depression. And there are many different kinds of bullying, each at it's own extreme. And if you give it enough thought and consider every aspect of the word "bully," you can trace most hate and depression and yada yada back to it. In an endless loop.
And hen you say all the other daily shootings in all the other countries your including..... over 150 countries.... When we're talking about the states, we're talking about one country that has been having a ridiculous amount of IN SCHOOL shootings lately.

Really? So you've made another redundancy. You've basically said,

"All the shootings in this country have happened in the states."

Beautiful. :P And who said this conversation was all about one country? You said "all" the shootings were in the states. Those are your words, not mine. I simply noted otherwise.
And obviously I'm talking about the people that actually go on shootings... lol :P

So there we go, cut out 3 and 4. That's all.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
double you tee eff? Where did i say that? I said that theres been alot in the states lately, more than there should be in one country.... specially the self proclaimed worlds biggest power.
k

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
fredy said:
double you tee eff? Where did i say that? I said that theres been alot in the states lately, more than there should be in one country.... specially the self proclaimed worlds biggest power.

Chill. :P Go back to your first post. If you meant something else, you certainly didn't say what you meant. And no, you did not say "there's been alot in the states lately." And you did not say "more than there...biggest power." Now you're putting words in your own mouth.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I'm so confused.. lol :P

I need to get more sleep. lol :P

Yes. I'd probably offer a better argument is i wasn't so out of it <_<
k

Kay

Kay Avatar

Ghost Admin

August 2005
....anyways.

You all make good points. But my opinion stands. *sighs*

But either way, it's too close. Making me more cautious.

newBookmarkLockedFalling