Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Just a few things I thought I'd mention to keep you guys up to date. :)

Clear Sight News
Alrighty, obviously, the Clear Sight board (and category) have disappeared. Why? Well, because of PBv5 mainly. I don't feel that producing a huge, HUGE code that'll be in use, probably, a maximum of 6 months is worth the effort. I'd rather spend this effort on SZv3, the SZ website, and helping to improve the Studio overall. Hopefully you guys agree. However, once v5 hits beta, CS will be back in production. v5 offers me much, MUCH more flexibility... what would take 3-4 days to code the trade system would end up taking 3-4 HOURS, max. Probably 1-2, if that. It'll be that much easier. Think of it logically... you can push a 700 lb block two miles right now, or wait to push a 50 lb one 45 feet in about 4 months time and that it would actually replace the 700 lb one... not much of a decision if you ask me. Plus, it was on hold for v3 anyway... so yeah, doesn't hurt much really, does it?

Version 3 Development
Alright, v3 is progressing fairly well. I decided to recode part of a backend system, but that's mostly done now. (Few files to update still... 3 I think.) I hope to get you guys a dev blog sometime Thursday night with, if you're lucky and active the next few days, a preview. ;) That's all for now really. Keep your eyes peeled for that.

PBv5 and SZ
As I'm sure most of you have been following, PBv5 is in production... and almost to a beta according to an interview with Patrick. Well, once PBv5 hits an open beta... SZ will be producing codes, templates, etc. for v5. That's the plan as of now, and it's not changing easily. We're currently the leading code provider of PB, and there's no plan to let that change. What can be recoded for v5 will be. Obviously with some of the new features, this may not be possible. But even fancier codes may be made... we shall see.

Also, once v5 goes live (out of beta), SZ will stop providing requests for v4.5. There is a 3 month "weening" period, however, we will not fill requests for v4.5. We will focus specifically on v5. Our code database won't be closed to new codes, but it's expected that most people will try to work towards using v5 more.

Anyways, I figured you guys deserved a few updates on this stuff. :)

Last Edit: May 28, 2008 2:35:45 GMT by Chris

CåñåÐå™

CåñåÐå™ Avatar

Official Member

Male

October 2007
Thank you Chris for the updates .

richardgary1223
A sneak peek... wow!! :D

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
very cool :D

Çђǻø§.128™

Çђǻø§.128™ Avatar

Official Member

July 2006
shweet looks awesome

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Chris Avatar
if you're lucky and active the next few days, a preview

richardgary1223 Avatar
May 28, 2008 13:51:04 GMT @richardgary1223 said:

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

(Oh, and thanks for telling us that v3 isn't dead :) )
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

richardgary1223
Benjamin Avatar
Chris Avatar
if you're lucky and active the next few days, a preview

richardgary1223 Avatar
May 28, 2008 13:51:04 GMT @richardgary1223 said:

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

(Oh, and thanks for telling us that v3 isn't dead :) )

lol... I liked this news better, than the suspense news. You know, Coming soon... and all other stuff, lol)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I just figured it was time for an update. :P There was something else I was going to mention, but I forgot to... and I can't remember what it was now either. >.<

Çђǻø§.128™

Çђǻø§.128™ Avatar

Official Member

July 2006
LOL great job chris XD

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
It obviously wasn't too terribly important... you know, just one of the main reasons I was going to do this thread. :P Oh well.

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
Chris Avatar
I just figured it was time for an update. :P There was something else I was going to mention, but I forgot to... and I can't remember what it was now either. >.<

You were going to mention me... I'm sure of it! :-/

Oh well! :(

richardgary1223
What... ???

poor Wrighty... lol.. :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Michael Avatar
Chris Avatar

Ah yes, that was it. I was gonna mention your promotion to nooblet coder of the forum! You stole Virt's title! :P

richardgary1223
SO, Wrighty got promoted, hmm?

CarMichael

CarMichael Avatar

Official Member

Male

July 2007
Chris Avatar
Michael Avatar

Ah yes, that was it. I was gonna mention your promotion to nooblet coder of the forum! You stole Virt's title! :P

haha Pawned.

Can't wait for the new version... gonna be good :)

newBookmarkLockedFalling