Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Releases June 12. Odds are extremely good that I will get one. Odds are not extremely good that I'll get it any time soon. Gamestop only ordered 3, no reserves, and Best Buy is giving them to the first 20 customers, only. I'd really rather not buy it online, so does anybody have any suggestions? Fry's Electronics looks like the best one, at the moment.
wat

stoner
You can camp outside Best Buy tonight!

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Try and reserve it at GameStop, although at this point I don't know if that's possible. Scope out stores close to you and call them up. Check if you have any GameCrazy's near you, in my experience it's a pretty good store.

You could camp out at Best Buy like Metro said, but I honestly don't think there's going to be that high of a demand. You could probably walk in and buy one provided you come relatively early.

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Got it. I went to Walmart at 11:30. They had 6th, and I was #4. I had to loiter around awkwardly for half an hour, but at least I got it. I'll be sure to let you guys know how MGS4 is once I play it. There are software updates to take care of first, and I have to get Guitar Hero set up properly. I've discovered that I've improved at GHIII since the last time I played it (also bought GHIII for the ps3).
wat

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Have fun with your stupid PS3. <.< I'll have fun with my PS2... yeah, shut up.

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
I bought this game with the system for 500 bucks. I feel undercharged, now. MGS4 is without a doubt one of the best games I have ever played. It makes it worth it to get a ps3 just to play it. It's a shame I can't describe it without massive spoilers.
wat

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I played it at a friend's house yesterday on his HDTV. The graphics were so good Otacon came out of the TV and started touching me. It was awkward.

Of the gameplay I did get a hold of, it was pretty fun. Not mind blowing, but I didn't play it for that long. I also didn't get much of the story since he had just bought it and was still somewhere in the beginning (which is fine, I didn't want it spoiled).

Overall impressions were good. I laughed at how it says "Old Snake" under the health bar. Poor guy.

Last Edit: Jun 14, 2008 0:42:27 GMT by Ess Ohh

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
Wish I could get the cance to play it but the PS3 is so expensive! Ill just settle with my Wii for right now. Too bad there isn't a MGS for the Wii.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Is it true there's like a 40 minute cut scene? :P

richardgary1223
$ 599.99 Sooo costly. And only released in Japan and America. I just want a PS3 :(

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
The cutscenes are kinda lengthy, but unlike MGS2, they are filled with awesome. As I type this, I'm watching the final one. If there is a 90 minute cutscene, this is it. The rest are a mix of fun, awesome, and a level of "own" that I can't begin to describe. As for the "90 minute" one, it's a good watch one time through, but I wouldn't grab some popcorn and watch it again.

In conclusion, this game is definitely one of, if not the, best I have ever played. It'll take at least a week to beat it if you're not me (took 2 days). The length is perfect. The graphics make source look sad. Oh, and you play Snake the whole game. Although Raiden does show up, he isn't a playable character this time.

Act 4 was a real surprise to me. I did not see something like that coming. Oh the memories it brings back. Just make sure you've played 1 through 3 before going at this one. You'll feel so left out otherwise.

If I say anything else, somebody will kill me for spoiling the game. If I had to price the game, I'd put it's value at about the price of a PS3. Oh, well how convenient is that? You can get both for that price! :D Get it, and ye shalt not be disappointed.
wat

.System

.System Avatar

Official Member

November 2007
I seen the game advertise for the first time yesterday on TV, only for ps3 saying Out Now. Its a bummer that its not came out on xbox, or is it?

SMANGII WAS HERE TOO!!!!!

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Actually that's a good thing. Kojima was complaining that the 50GB storage of the blu-ray disc wasn't enough space to fit the entire game. It took them a long time to finally make it fit. Trying to fit all that on a dvd is just out of the question. Well, unless you'd like to buy this:

wat

richardgary1223
So.. XBOX Version, is it going to be released?

Sasuke

Sasuke Avatar

August 2005
No, its PS3 Exclusive, even says so when you turn on the MGS4 Game.

But mostly all the other good games are hitting 360 (talking about the massive RPG Announcement a few days ago)

newBookmarkLockedFalling